- 1. I can’t log in to Blackboard.
To log in to Blackboard for the first time, you need to activate your Webmail account to receive your Username and Password. You will need at least 24 hours from the time you obtained your username and password before your will be able to log in.
- 2. I am able to log in to Blackboard but I can’t see my course in the Course list.
It may take 24 - 48 hours from the time you registered for the course before the course will appear in your Course list in Blackboard.
- 3. I registered late and I can’t log in to Blackboard.
Please see numbers 1 and 2 above.
- 4. I changed my registration from one course to another.
When you change your course, your revised registration will have to be sent to Blackboard just like a new registration. You may have to wait at least 24 hours before the new course appears in your Course list.
- 5. Who can I contact when I can’t log in to Blackboard?
Please contact eLearning Support Office at 845-574-4713 (Mondays-Fridays 9:00 am to 5:00 pm) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On weekends and holidays, call the Open SUNY HelpDesk at 1-800-875-6269 or 1-518-320-1889.
NOTE: Open SUNY cannot help you with access to your course if you have not obtained a username and password (refer to #1 above).
- 6. I am able to log in to my course in Blackboard but I have some questions about the course, who should I contact?
For questions about your course content, homework, deadlines, etc., you need to contact your instructor. Click on Contact Instructor in WebAdvisor to view your instructor’s email address. You can also call your instructor by referring to the Faculty and Staff directory for their phone extension at the College.
- 7. How do I find out what textbook is required for my course?
You can find out what textbook is required for your course through WebAdvisor. Instructions on how to find the required/recommended textbook for a course can be found here.
- Student/Faculty help (How to)
- If you still have a question but did not see it listed above, chances are you can find it on our how to page.
Please use this link to see a full listing of extra FAQs and how to items