Personal tools
Log in


Residency Policy & Due Dates

A new certificate must be submitted each year.

Note: () Considering A Payment Plan?

Recommendation: Avoid "double tuition charge" by resolving residency first

Certificate application must be presented to the home county Treasurer's Office.

Certificate of Residency Due Dates: (In our office)

Nassau County (New) **

    Start the Certificate of Residency (COR) application process by registering your name and address and creating an account in Nassau County's system. Once your account is set up you will be able to quickly and easily apply for your COR online. When your COR becomes expired or is no longer valid, simply log back into your account to reapply for your new COR.

New York City (New Students Only)

    WO-ACR (Without an active certificate of Resident) *(NEW)*

  • ** Must bring schedule to obtain certificate) **
  • Winter 2019: Jan (2-18) WO-ACR is (Nov 2 18-Jan 18 19)
  • Spring 2019: (Jan 19 - May 15) WO-ACR is (Nov 19 18-Feb 19 19)
  • Flex2 SP19 (Mar 25-May 15) WO-ACR is (Jan 25-Apr 25)
  • Summer 2019-S1: (Jul 1 2019)
  • Summer 2019-S2: (Jul 5 2019)
  • Summer 2019-S3: (Aug 8 2019)
  • Fall 2019 10/03/2019 *(NEW)*
  • Returning students cannot obtain a new certificate until present one expires.
  • Certificates are valid for one year from date of issue.

Orange County

  • Winter 2019 Deadline is 2-04-2019
  • Spring 2019 Deadline is 3-04-2019
  • Flex2 SP19 Deadline April 29, 2019
  • Summer 2019-S1 (Jul 1 2019)
  • Summer 2019-S2 (Jul 8 2019)
  • Summer 2019-S3 (Aug 9 2019)
  • Fall 2019 10/04/2019 *(NEW)*

Westchester County

  • Winter 2019 Nov 15 2018 - Jan 15 2019
  • Spring 2019 Dec 01 2018 - Feb 28 2019
  • Flex2 SP19 (Ten days from start) Deadline
  • Summer I & II 2019 (Jul 30 2019)
  • Summer III (Aug 8 2019)
  • Fall 2019 9/30/2019 *(NEW)*

Other NYS Counties

  • Certificate application has to be submitted to your county of residence 30 days from start of the semester/session or your county may not honor it.
  • Your email account is the means for official College communication. Students have the responsibility to recognize that certain communications may be time sensitive and are expected to check their College email on a frequent and consistent basis to ensure that they are staying current with all College-related communications.

Residency Documentation

Required for new students, returning students who have not been registered for the previous two semesters, and Non-Rockland County New York State residents)

To be eligible for the resident tuition rate students must meet one of the following requirements:

  1. Provide clear documentation of one year's legal residency in New York State and six months in Rockland County prior to the start date of the semester.
  2. New York State Residents of at least the past 12 months may provide a Certificate of Residency from another county in New York State. The form is issued by the county in which they have resided verifying they have lived in that county for the six months prior to attending RCC. If they have lived in more than one NY State county during those six months, verification from each county will be required.

Note: A person does not acquire a New York State Domicile (Legal Residence) simply by being physically present in New York State for a period of 12 months or for the sole purpose of attending a New York State college or university. If your principal or permanent home has not been in New York State for a 12-month period immediately prior to the date you intend to enroll, you will be considered an out-of-state student for tuition purposes.

Permanent Residents Cards

In order to be considered eligible for Rockland resident tuition, please submit a copy of your Permanent Resident card to the Bursar's Office. The student must also meet the NY State and County requirements as indicated above.


Students on F (student), B (visitor), J (exchange), C, D, H2, H3, M, O2, P, Q, R or TN visas are not eligible for resident rate of tuition. Persons holding a different Immigration status should email

Fall & Spring semesters only:

Out of State Residence and F1 Visa students will be charged an additional $10 per credit up to $150.00 per semester.

Students who fail to present documentation will be charged non-resident tuition. It is the responsibility of the student – not the College – to prove residency.

Any of the following is appropriate documentation of State and County legal residency:

  • Evidence of duration of the student’s physical presence in NY State
  • Evidence of state of residency of the student’s family
  • NYS driver’s license or non-driver ID card
  • NYS voter registration
  • NYS motor vehicle registration
  • NYS income tax returns
  • NYS bank accounts
  • Proof of ownership of NYS real property
  • Residential lease for property

Certificate of Residency Resources