- Do I need to apply for admission and how do I do that?
Only applicants who want to enter a degree or certificate program (called matriculation) must apply for admission.  Not sure if you need to matriculate? See the FAQ about who should matriculate and why. to apply
- What is matriculation and should I matriculate?
- All students who are seeking a degree or certificate
- All full-time students (12 credits or more)
- All students who wish to be considered for financial aid (Please see eligibility requirements in the Financial Aid section)
Only matriculated students may:
- Enroll full-time or part-time (Part-time students are required to be advised in the Academic Advisement Center upon completion of 6 credits excluding ESL).
- Apply for financial aid of any type
- Apply for any of the various scholarships available
- Be assigned an academic advisor
- Be awarded a degree or certificate
- To register for classes as a non-matriculating student go here.
- Is there a fee for applying for admission?
Yes. Non-refundable fees are:
- New Applicants: $30
- Re-applying/re-admitting: $5
- Do I have to be a full-time student?
Students may attend full-time (12 credits or more) or part-time.
- Can anyone use the Online Application?
No. The following applicants must apply using a paper application:
- Early Admissions candidates
- High School Program candidates
- What degrees and certificates does RCC offer?
Degrees and Certificates:
- I would like information about Evening and Weekend Programs
Evening and Weekend Programs:
- I'm interested in programs for high school students.
Programs for high school students:
- I'd like information about the Honors Program
Sam Draper Honors Program:
- How do I transfer into RCC?
Transfer into Rockland Community College:
- I would like information about International Student Services
International Student Services:
- Does RCC have online courses?
Yes we do. Read more about it here:
- Can I transfer from RCC to other colleges and universities?
Yes you can. Read about transferring from RCC to other colleges and universities here:
- I would like more information about the Nursing Program
Learn more about our Nursing Program here:
- I would like more information about the Automotive Technology Program
Learn more about the Automotive Technology Program here:
- What services does RCC have available for Veterans?
Learn more about services for Veterans and their families here:
- Can I study in another country with RCC?
Yes you can. Read about our Study Abroad services here:
- What is Workforce / Personal Development and is it right for me?
Learn more about Workforce/Personal Development here:
- I will be graduating in June, can I apply for RCC now??
Any graduating senior can apply in their senior year.
- How do I register for summer classes?
If you cannot come in person during business hours, we prefer that you email all completed & signed paperwork with picture ID and any unofficial transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If neither of these options are possible, you may:
- Fax your completed documents to 845-574-4499 along with a photo ID
Have a parent or another trusted person bring your documents along with a signed letter from you identifying them and giving your permission to have them complete the registration on your behalf. They must also bring a photo ID.
- How can I find out what is taught in a particular course?
Read: Course Descriptions
- I would like information about the LPN to RN pathway
Find out about the LPN to RN pathway here: LPN to RN
- Where can I find a COURSE DESCRIPTION?
- I have a different question that I do not see here.
If you didn't find what you need yet click below and submit your question(s):
Please allow up to two weeks for a response.