Business and Professional/Public Service
Why Study Entrepreneurship?
Entrepreneurs and small businesses are the driving forces behind our nation’s economy. The certificate is for students currently employed and who have some business background and wish to upgrade their skill set.
The degrees in Entrepreneurship provide students with foundation courses in business coupled with liberal arts, in preparation for transfer to a four-year degree program in entrepreneurship or business administration, becoming small business owners, or upgrading their skill set. Students who complete this degree program and programs to which they may transfer may pursue entrepreneurial ventures on their own or as part of a team.
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Web Page Design
- Principles of Accounting I
- Principles of Marketing
A degree in Entrepreneurship provides students with a solid broad-based foundation in business, accounting, marketing and other related areas. The program will instill an appreciation and awareness of the racial, ethnic and gender issues in today’s business world, enhance the student’s personal and professional development, and encourage active informed citizenship and leadership.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply entrepreneurial and financial principles to the development of a business plan
- Demonstrate basic marketing, managerial, and financial functions associated with owning and operating a business
- Demonstrate proficiency using business software such as word processing spreadsheet, and database for analyzing and solving business problems
- Demonstrate problem solving, critical-thinking, and decision making abilities
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in a business environment to complete individual and team projects
- Develop the research and organization skills used in business