Business and Professional/Public Service
Why Study Culinary Arts?
The Culinary Arts certificate is for students with or without prior college level course work who are interested in careers in the culinary field.
Upon completing the certificate program, students will be prepared for entry-level positions in restaurants, catering companies and fast food or institutional food service settings. For those currently employed in the industry the certificate can be used to update skills and seek advancement.
- Restaurant Management
- Quantity Food Preparation I & II
- Purchasing and Marketing
- Beverage Management
- Introduction to Baking
- Menu Planning & Facilities Layout and Design
The program provides students with necessary skills needed for employment in the hospitality industry. Students become familiar with new equipment and trends as well as advanced operational theory.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the hands-on skills required in the culinary industry
- Develop and demonstrate the ability to plan and implement numerous culinary functions
- Develop research skills used in the culinary arts industry
- Develop an understanding of the equipment used in the field of culinary arts
- Develop reasoning and problem solving skills