Associate in Science
Business and Information Technology
Why Study Marketing?
Marketing professionals work with advertising and promotion managers to promote an organization’s products and services. They estimate the demand for products and services offered by the firm and its competitors, and identify potential markets for the products. Marketing managers develop pricing strategies to help firms maximize profits and market share while ensuring that customers are satisfied.
Foundation courses in marketing, business and liberal arts prepare students for transfer to a four-year degree program in marketing or business administration. Pursue employment in advertising, sales, retailing, and public relations at small businesses, large corporations, marketing firms, and other types of business firms.
5 Top Reasons
To Study Marketing at RCC:
- INTERNSHIPS: Gain credit and experience at venues that include advertising agencies, media and financial institutions.
- TRANSFER: Transfer agreements with many four-year colleges with the flexibility to select from several different four-year degrees.
- SUPPORT: Dedicated faculty, small class sizes. Free tutoring.
- VALUE: Affordable tuition, high quality education. Scholarships and honors programs.
- FLEXIBILITY: Earn this degree entirely online, or through a combination of course types.
Opportunities at Rockland Community College:
Extra-curricular activities include the Entrepreneurial Business Plan Competition, where students compete for a $1,000 cash award; Rotaract, sponsored by the Rotary Club of New City; and Alpha Beta Gamma, the business honor society that recognizes scholarship among two-year college students.
- Principles of Marketing
- International Marketing
- Principles of Advertising
- Principles of Retailing
- Principles of Accounting I & II
This degree provides students with a rigorous and dynamic interdisciplinary education that prepares students for the challenges facing marketing professionals. In addition, students will master effective oral and written communication, become active, informed citizens and leaders, and obtain an understanding of the ethical, racial and gender issues in today’s business world.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Analyze the marketing business environment with an emphasis on cultural diversity.
- Recognize the economic, legal, social and political environment of marketing.
- Develop an understanding of the concepts of marketing both nationally and globally.
- Develop the basic skills for marketing decision-making.