Associate in Science
Business and Professional/Public Service
Why Study International Business?
The degree in International Business will prepare students with the fundamental skills in international business, marketing and finance that will prepare students to transfer to a baccalaureate program in international business or other business related fields.
The degree in international business provides students with foundation courses in international business, marketing, finance and liberal arts in preparation for transfer to a four-year degree program in international business or other business programs. Students who complete this degree program and programs to which they may transfer may find positions in international finance, marketing, law, insurance, education or related fields.
- Principles of Accounting I & II
- International Business
- International Marketing
- International Finance
The degree provides a rigorous and dynamic interdisciplinary education that will attract, motivate and prepare students for the challenges facing business professionals in a global society. In addition, students will master effective and oral written communication, become active informed citizens and leaders, and obtain an understanding of the ethical, racial and gender issues in today’s business world.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the development of foreign language skills at the conversation level
- Examine the international business environment with an emphasis on cultural diversity
- Recognize the economic, legal, social and political environment of international business
- Develop an understanding of the concepts of global marketing and global finance
- Develop basic skills that allow for an evaluation of international business decisions