Associate of Science
Business and Professional/Public Service
Why Study Entrepreneurship?
Entrepreneurs developing small businesses are the driving force in an economy. Creative entrepreneurs can also develop technological changes that produce jobs and economic growth for themselves and others. The Associate of Science in Entrepreneurship is designed for students who want to start their own businesses and/or plan to pursue a bachelor’s degree at a four-year institution.
Students who complete this degree program can pursue their own entrepreneurial ventures or develop careers in marketing, insurance, banking, finance, small business management, human resources or other industries.
5 Top Reasons
To Study Business - Entrepreneurship at RCC
- VALUE: Affordable tuition, financial aid, scholarships.
- CAREER: Internships provide real world experience.
- FLEXIBILITY: Online, full or part-time study accommodates work, family or other time commitments. On-campus childcare available.
- SUPPORT: Small class sizes, more individual attention, free tutoring.
- TRANSFER: Agreements with many four-year colleges provides seamless transfer in pursuing a bachelor degree.
Opportunities at Rockland Community College:
There are several opportunities to gain practical business skills through extra-curricular activities on campus including: Entrepreneurial Business Plan Competition, where students compete for a $1,000 cash award; Rotaract, sponsored by the Rotary Club of New City; and Alpha Beta Gamma, the business honor society that recognizes scholarship among two-year college students.
- Business Law I
- Principles of Accounting I & II
- Principles of Marketing
This degree provides students with a solid broad-based foundation in business, accounting, marketing and other related areas. The program will instill an appreciation and awareness of racial, ethnic and gender issues in today’s business world, enhance the student’s personal and professional development, and encourage active, informed citizenship and leadership.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this program, students will:
- Apply entrepreneurial and financial principles to the development of a business plan.
- Demonstrate basic marketing, managerial, and financial functions associated with owning and operating a business.
- Demonstrate proficiency using business software such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases to analyze and solve business requirements.
- Demonstrate problem solving, critical-thinking, and decision making abilities.
- Demonstrate the effective interpersonal skills needed in a business environment to complete individual and team projects.