Business: Office Technologies
Associate of Applied Science
Business and Professional/Public Service
Why Study Office Technologies?
Through rapid advances in technology, globalization and organizational changes, the necessary skills required of administrative office professionals continually expand. Today’s workforce demands that employees be technologically savvy, creative and flexible enough to adapt to new and improved technology and procedures.
The AAS program is for students who wish to acquire proficiency in essential hands-on computer skills as well as the business theory required of entry-level employees in the administrative field.
The Office Technologies program provides students the skills necessary to obtain entry-level positions as administrative or executive assistants, office managers, coordinators or specialists in small businesses, large corporations and governmental agencies serving a variety of industries. However, if a student decides to further their education at the baccalaureate level, additional general education courses will need to be completed at the transferring institution.
- Workplace Communication
- Word Processing Applications
- Presentation Software: PowerPoint
- Spreadsheet and Database Management
- Administrative Office Management
- Project Management
The program provides students with a quality business education that focuses on technology but also embodies excellence, ethics, professionalism and diversity, enabling students to think critically while reaching their personal and professional goals.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate competency in written and oral communication
- Develop the necessary skills to manage records, supplies, equipment and personnel
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize, coordinate projects, schedules, meetings and activities using time management principles
- Apply problem solving and decision making skills to office situations
- Demonstrate proficiency using current software programs
- Develop the traditional and online research skills used in business and industry
- Develop personal and interpersonal skills such as teamwork and leadership