Associate in Applied Science
Math, Natural and Health Sciences
Why Study Cyber Security?
In the fast growing technology world it is important for businesses to keep their information secure. The AAS degree in Cyber Security is for students who wish to pursue a career in the field of data and network security administration.
Upon completing the program, students will be prepared for entry-level positions as computer security specialists, information security analysts, and more. However, if a student decides to further their education at the baccalaureate level, additional general education courses will need to be completed at the transferring institution.
- Networking I/CCNA 1 & 2
- Windows 7 Configuration
- PC Maintenance
- Network Security
- Windows Active Directory Configuration
- Intro to Wireless Networking
The program provides students with the technological course work needed for careers in cyber security. Course work prepares students for vendor certifications including Microsoft® Windows®, CompTIA®, and Cisco®. All courses use vendor authorized curriculum and include extensive lab work.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and configuration of Cisco Routers and Switches as they pertain to a network, network security and information security
- Demonstrate a variety of skills with installing, configuring, implementing and troubleshooting servers and desktops in a standalone or networked environment
- Develop successful hands-on experience through labs and field research
- Evaluate the interdisciplinary nature of core concepts in networking and other subject areas