Associate in Applied Science
Business and Information Technology
Why Study Automotive Technology?
The Automotive industry has become a highly technical industry in order to meet governmental safety and environmental regulations. These new regulations have created a demand for well-trained high level technicians. The AAS degree in Automotive Technology will train students to work in the high tech field of automotive service.
The AAS degree in Automotive Technology will provide students with the training needed to work as Automotive Technicians in both privately owned businesses or large automotive companies. Students who decide to pursue additional education at the baccalaureate level can transfer to an Automotive Business Management program. However, additional general education courses will need to be completed at the transferring institution.
- Automotive Engine I & II
- Automotive Steering & Suspension
- Automotive Brakes
- Auto Transmission/Transaxle
- Manual Transmission/Drivetrain
- Heating and Air Conditioning
The degree will provide students with a rigorous and dynamic technology based program that will prepare them to become diagnostic leaders in the high tech automotive industry. Students will enhance their professional and personal development; become leaders in the automotive service industry and develop the skills necessary for effective communication.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Develop and practice proper safety skills
- Diagnose and repair automotive problems with a high tech vehicle
- Develop critical thinking skills
- Develop the skills necessary for effective written and oral communication