Instructions for Admission into the Nursing Program
1. Admission to the College – Apply for admission to Rockland Community College online at www.sunyrockland.edu/go/admissions. If you are a student already enrolled at RCC but you have not taken courses for at least two consecutive semesters you need to reapply to the College.
2. Assessment Examinations – Assessment tests for English and Math may be required. Schedule of test dates and study information can be found at www.sunyrockland.edu/go/assessment. Students who have received transfer credits for English Composition (ENG 101) DO NOT need to take the English exam. Students who have received transfer credits for Statistics (MAT 125) DO NOT need to take the Math exam. The assessment exams are REQUIRED for all other prospective Nursing students. If the placement results for math are MAT 065 and/or MAT 101E and for ENG are 082 or 092 this course(s) must be completed before applying to the Nursing Program.
3. Transcripts – If you have attended another college and wish credits to be transferred, you must have an official copy of your transcript sent to the college:
Rockland Community College
Attention: Records and Registration
145 College Road
Suffern, NY 10901
4. Liberal Arts & Science Courses - You may take required Liberal Arts and Science courses prior to admission to the Nursing Process sequence. However, if you are eligible for, and intend to use financial aid for your nursing courses, consult with Financial Aid in the Technology Center before registering for any Liberal Arts and Science Courses
5. Applications to the Nursing Program
1. Submit the Nursing Process Sequence Application and the NLN PAX Entry Exam Registration to Nursing in the Technology Center, suite 8210.
2. Applications will be accepted during the Fall Semester on normal business days from September 15th to October 1st, and during the Spring Semester from February 15th to March 1st.
3. Students will be required to take the NLN PAX – RN exam within 10 weeks of submission of the application. If you have taken the NLN PAX – RN exam previously, have scores sent to the Rockland Community College Nursing by contacting www.nln.org.
4. All students will undergo a background check prior to beginning the first core Nursing Process course after achieving a qualifying score on the NLN PAX – RN exam.
A Health Records & Documentation Required form will be required before your first Nursing Process clinical course. A physical, influenza vaccine, PPD and titers must be submitted. These forms may be obtained at Records and Registration in the Technology Center, or online at www.sunyrockland.edu/go/registrar. The forms must be complete and submitted to the Records and Registration Office by the deadline date for the semester in which you enter your first Nursing Process course.