Paramedic Education Program FAQs
- How do I apply for EMT-B reciprocity?
Upon completion and submission of the packet and related fees, the New York State Department of Health will issue you a New York State EMT-B card. This process can take as long as 8 to 12 weeks (after New York State Department of Health receives completed package). Students must receive reciprocity before they will be accepted into the paramedic program.
- How do I apply to the program?
You must be enrolled at RCC or submit an application. Then you need to completely fill out the program application and submit it to us.
- Do I have to be an EMT in order to be accepted into the paramedic program?
- How do I transfer credits I earned at another college?
You need to request that an official transcript copy to be sent directly to the registrar at our college. Once they receive the transcript, the credits will be evaluated and you will receive a letter in the mail advising you of the results.
- Can I obtain the paramedic certificate without the degree?
Yes. The degree can be obtained at a later date if desired.
- Do I need to be a nationally registered EMT for the paramedic program?