Summer Registration Steps
SUMMER STUDENT REGISTRATION STEPS
Check course availability online at WebAdvisor
*Returning visiting students skip to step 5
STEP 1: Identify Your Student Category
Students in the following categories DO NOT NEED TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION TO THE COLLEGE. Simply complete the one-page Student Data Sheet as well as the Registration Form available here:
- New Visiting Students: New students attending RCC for the first time during the summer session who are not seeking degrees or financial aid.
- High School Students who will graduate in June '14 and who will not be continuing their studies at RCC in the fall semester
- Summer students taking courses for transfer to their home institution MUST bring transcripts to show that prerequisites have been met. A valid picture I.D. is also required for registration and residency check.
- Students who wish to take an English or Mathematics course at Rockland Community College will need to participate in an assessment to determine their skill level in reading, writing and mathematics. For the placement testing schedule check here.
Students in the following categories NEED TO SEE AN ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR:
- High school students who will not graduate in June '14
- Students without a high school diploma who are seeking to obtain their GED by earning college credits
- New students who wish to continue their studies at RCC for the Fall semester as degree-seeking students, full-time students, or financial aid recipients
STEP 2: Financial Aid
Because new students do not usually matriculate for the summer sessions financial aid is not generally available to new summer students. If you are interested in seeking financial aid for the summer sessions, you are encouraged to speak with a Financial Aid counselor to determine eligibility and the steps to be taken.
STEP 3: Immunizations
All students enrolling in 6 or more credits must have the immunization form completed. Failure to provide acceptable documentation may result in removal from classes without refund of tuition and fees.
STEP 4: Advisement
Advisor signatures are not required for summer registrations. However, those students seeking a Faculty Advisor for their summer course selections are encouraged to go to the Student Development Center. Students who wish to take more than the following number of summer credits must receive an approval signature on their form from the Student Development Center Counselors.
- Session I or III: 7 credit limit
- Session II: 9 credit limit
- Combination of Sessions: 12 credit limit
Please note that Physical Education credits do not count toward total credit limits.
STEP 5: Registration
Students may register for classes through the first day of each summer session. At www.sunyrockland.edu/prospective-students/registrar you will find links to the forms that you need to register, important dates and deadlines, and WebAdvisor where you can browse our course offerings. You won't need a password or userID to look for courses so click on WebAdvisor when it appears again.
STEP 6: Payment
You can learn about tuition and fees as well as payment options by using the links you will find on www.sunyrockland.edu/prospective-students/tuition-fees-costs.