Microsoft Office Specialist Exam
MICROSOFT® OFFICE SPECIALIST CERTIFICATION EXAMS Microsoft Office Specialist - Authorized Testing Center
A Certified Microsoft® User is someone who has demonstrated a mastery-level performance on a particular Microsoft® software application by successfully passing an examination. Certification examinations are "performance-based" so that the testing occurs on the software application rather than by answering questions about the application. Certification provides a valuable industry credential- proof that an individual has the skills required of a proficient or expert user.
Microsoft® Office certification tells people you have the comprehensive skills necessary to provide a wide range of tasks efficiently and effectively, are skill oriented, computer literate and possess the technical skills and knowledge that are in demand in today's business environment.
Rockland Community College is an authorized Microsoft® Office Specialist Testing Center. Exams are administered by appointment.
Certification exams are available for these Microsoft® Office Programs:
- Word - the most popular word processing program used in business.
- Excel - a spreadsheet program most often used for organizing and analyzing financial data
- Access - offers proper data management
- PowerPoint - a presentation software
- Outlook - time management and email program
* Important! Help is not available while testing.
1. Complete the registration form. (see link below)
2. Each Microsoft® Office Specialist exam is $89 for an exam voucher or $106.80 for an exam voucher with retake option.
3. Send completed form to:
Rockland Community College
Technology Center, Room 8342
145 College Road
Suffern, NY 10901
4. Placement and Assessment will contact you to schedule an appointment upon receipt of your registration form.
5. Allow a minimum of one hour per test.
6. Bring a photo ID with you when you report to the Technology Center for testing. Cell phones, pagers, and other electronic devices are not allowed in the testing area.
7. Prepare for the test. Review Certification requirements and Exam tips for Microsoft Office Specialist Exams. Tests are approximately 50 minutes; please allow a minimum of one hour for the entire testing process. Report to Suite 8340, Room 8342 at least 15 minutes before your test time.
For more information click on the following Microsoft® links below.