To better serve you, make sure that you mail or fax us the Arrival Information that we will have sent you. Then, we will be able to make prearrangements to pick you up from the airport and for the hotel.
If you have just arrived...
International Students are accommodated at the Howard Johnson. The rate is $79.00 plus tax per day and this hotel is located approximately 3 miles from Rockland Community College.
In order to find more permanent housing, you will have to do the following:
- Contact Kim Sojak, International Student Services, Room 8120, phone # (845) 574-4527, when you have arrived. She can provide International Students with names of landlords/ladies in Rockland County who are interested in renting rooms to students from overseas.
- Average rents range from $500 to $600 per month with family.
- Students are expected to leave an additional $500 to $600 as security deposit-- usually the equivalent of one month's rent. This money is used to cover damage to property or to cover lost rent if a student moves before the agreed time period.
- Keep in mind that most landlords/ladies expect students to stay in their home at least one semester (4 months).
- There are rules, which vary from home to home.
- Check the local newspapers for apartments. Apartments can start from $850 and up.
- We will assist you in finding housing, but it is strictly the responsibility of the students.