MTS HONORS SPRING OPEN HOUSE 2014
For more information, please contact Hannah Lowney Tel: 845.574.4796
The Honors Program at Rockland is nationally recognized for offering highly advanced academic pursuits in a community college setting and for preparing students to transfer successfully to Ivy League and Tier One four-year colleges.
Ivy League and Tier One recruiters typically seek out Rockland Community College honors students for transfer because of the program's reputation for producing students with a proven ability; having applied themselves academically for two highly-focused years at Rockland Community College.
Inspiring Instruction and Personal Mentorship
Classes are taught by professors who are paired with honor students in a highly personalized mentoring relationship. Your mentor is chosen according to your individual interests and talents. Your Mentor will:
- Help arrange your learning schedule
- Proposes practical in your field of study
- Guides your progress and growth.
- Guide you in choosing a field of concentration
- Aid you in transferring to a four-year college or university that offers the fullest range of opportunity in your chosen field.
Honors classes are kept small (around 20 students) and involving (lively discussions, group projects).
For Rockland Honors Program students, both the transcript and diploma reflect honors status. Students who complete the Honors Program with an academic average of 3.5 or higher have a very high rate of transferring with full junior standing to virtually any four-year college or university they choose.
There are many emphases in the Sam Draper M/TS Honors Program
- Art, Liberal Arts, Humanities/Social Science, Science, Math, and Business
Several factors influence acceptance in the Honors Program:
- SAT Scores
- High School GPA
- Regents Course Loads.
- A personal interview is an important aspect of the process.
- Special talents, strong intelligence, educational acumen, even extenuating circumstances may all play a role in your admission.
- Students already in RCC, or transferring in, with a GPA of 3.5 or above in their first or second semester are encouraged to apply to the Honors Program.
For more information:
Dr. Cliff Garner