Senior Adult Programs
SUNY Rockland Community College believes it is part of its mission to reach out to the entire community. As such, it provides the following services to older Adults.
- Senior Adult Audits - Seniors over the age of 60 are eligible to take credit courses free of charge on a space available basis. The seniors are responsible for program fees, are required to meet pre-requisites and cannot enroll in contract courses.
Senior adult audit registrations are processed one week before the start of the semester and throughout the first week of classes. If usage trends indicate that a course will still have sufficient openings to accommodate senior adult audits, senior registrations will be processed in the order that they were received. The Records Office will mail course schedules to seniors who are successfully enrolled in classes.
Senior adult audits can submit their registration requests by mail to the Records Office, 145 College Rd., Suffern, NY 10901, or by fax to (845) 574-4499, or in person at the Records Office window in the Technology Center on the main campus in Suffern. Regardless of the method chosen, seniors are urged to submit their registrations as early as possible.
The best way to check course availability is to go online to www.sunyrockland.edu and click on the "Register Now" tab on the right hand side of the page. It will take you to the WebAdvisor welcome screen where you should click on Guest and Prospective Students and then Search for Sections. Paper copies of the course offerings are available in the Technology Center, 1st floor.
Senior Adult programs include:
- Institute for Senior Education (I.S.E.) - SUNY Rockland Community College's Institute for Senior Education (ISE) offers courses through the College's Center for Personal & Professional Development at modest prices. The informal group meets once a week and stresses independent study within a curriculum adjusted to the needs and interests of the group's members. All ISE courses are open to everyone over 50 years old.
Whatever you interests, whatever level of commitment you are prepared to make, you'll find exciting opportunities to pursue your favorite activities or explore new fields among the host of educational, cultural and fitness programs designed for you and offered at SUNY Rockland Community College. For Further Information, please call (845) 574-4730/4151. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RCC Senior Citizens' Club - Designed to encourage older persons to take advantage of the College's educational and cultural facilities, the Club offers its members stimulating social and intellectual experiences through lectures, cultural presentations and trips to places of interest. The Club meets every second and fourth Friday of each month. Call (845) 356-3482 for more information.
- Ramapo Senior Center - is a division of Meals on Wheels Program & Services of Rockland, Inc., providing lunch and activities for Rockland County residents over age 60 (younger if accompanied by an eligible spouse). Activities include but are not limited to arts and crafts, dance, exercise and games. The Center is open on weekdays from 9 am to 3 pm. The Center can be contacted for more information at 356-2244.
- RSVP - Retired and Senior Volunteer Program