Susan F. Twomey
Susan F. Twomey
Assistant Professor, Financial Aid Counselor
Susan Twomey joined the College in 2007 as an instructor and counselor and was appointed Assistant Professor in 2013. Twomey counsels RCC students on a range of financial aid issues, with a particular focus on the Aid for Part-Time Study Program (APTS), a New York State grant program benefiting part-time college undergraduate students. Among her responsibilities are assisting students with filing and verifying applications for federal, state and local aid, packaging of awards, loan advisement, counseling and recruiting.
Before coming to RCC, Twomey held several positions at Mount St. Mary College in Newburgh, NY. She was director of financial aid for nine years, and served stints as assistant director, adjunct faculty member and admissions support staff member. She also worked as a financial aid counselor at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY, and taught in the Newburgh City School District.
- BA English, Regis College, 1974
- MS Education, Mount St. Mary College, 1995
- Chair, Student Development, RTP (Reappointment, Tenure, Promotion) Committee
- Scholarship Committee
- New Student Orientation Committee
- Co-chair, Region 5, New York State Financial Aid Administrators Association (NYSFAAA), 2011-2013
- New York State Financial Aid Administrators Association (NYSFAA)
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA)
- Participation in High School College Nights, RCC Open House and RCC Financial Aid Night