Sue-Ann Eitches came to the College in 1984 as an adjunct and joined the full-time faculty in 1989, serving as Assistant Professor for five years and as Associate Professor for five more years. She has been a full Professor since 1999. While an adjunct at RCC, she served as Coordinator of the Evening LPN Program at Elizabeth Seton College in Yonkers, NY.
Previously, Professor Eitches held positions with a family planning project as a consultant in maternal and infant care, as a pediatric nurse practitioner/public health nurse for the NYC Department of Health, and as a staff nurse for the New York Veterans Administration Hospital.
At RCC, Professor Eitches teaches Nursing Process IVA, Nursing Process IA Clinical, and Support Module courses for each. Among the noteworthy courses she has previously taught are Nursing Process IIIB and Calculations for Pharmacology. She is currently pursuing a PhD in Nursing from New York University.
- BS Nursing, Hunter College, CUNY, 1969
- MA Nursing Education, New York University, 1980
- SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching, 1993
- Nomination for Distinguished Faculty Award, SUNY Board of Directors, 2011
- NISOD (National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development) Teaching Excellence Award, 2001
- Rockland County Excellence in Practice Award (Nurse Recognition Day), 1998
- RCC Board of Trustees Distinguished Faculty Award, 1994
- Scholarly Publication Award, RCC, 1994, 1995, 1997, 1998
Professional Accomplishments (Selected)
- Program Outcomes Committee, RCC Nursing Department, 1995-present
- Academic Standards Committee, RCC, 1993-present
- Monahan, F. et al. (1998) Medical-Surgical Nursing Foundations for Clinical Practice. W.B. Saunders. Clinical Thinking Features – 22 critical thinking case studies.
- Monahan, F., et al. (1998) Pocket Companion for Medical-Surgical Nursing. W.B. Saunders. Contributor.
- Leasa, S., et al. (1997) Handbook of Health Assessment. W.B. Saunders. Authored three chapters.
- Monahan, F., et al. (1994) Pocket Companion for Nursing Care of Adults. W.B. Saunders. Contributor.
- Monahan, F., et al. (1993) Nursing Care for Adults. W.B. Saunders. Contributor.