Sara Annunziato was appointed full-time instructor of nursing in Fall 2015. She has extensive teaching and practical experience in the field of nursing. From 2006 to 2015 she served as an adjunct in clinical nursing at RCC, teaching a variety of nursing courses in the classroom, clinical and skills lab settings. She has also been an adjunct lecturer at RCC and a lecture/lab instructor for the accelerated bachelor’s program at Dominican College in Orangeburg, NY.
Annunziato’s clinical experience encompasses a range of settings, including critical care and home care. She served for seven years as clinical manager for a large cardiology practice, Westwood (NJ) Cardiology Associates, and held nursing positions in the coronary care units at the Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, NJ, and Westchester County Medical Center in Valhalla, NY.
Applying knowledge gained through participation in the Title III Instructional Design Institute, Annunziato redesigned the curriculum for a Fundamentals of Nursing course at RCC, placing emphasis on increased use of technology in the classroom. She was nominated for the SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Adjunct Teaching in Spring 2015.
- BS Nursing, University of Delaware, 1988
- MS Nursing Education, Mercy College, 2012
- Nominated for SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Adjunct Teaching, 2015
Professional Accomplishments & Credentials (Selected)
- Registered Professional Nurse in New Jersey and New York
- RCC Library Advisory Committee
- Board of Directors, Professional Nurses of Rockland County
- RCC Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Wellness workshop, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, RCC, 2012