Assistant Professor, Nursing
Nancy Fontana came to the College as an adjunct in 1994, served as a full-time faculty member from 1995 to 1997, and returned to full-time teaching at RCC in 2008. Fontana is a nurse educator with more than 20 years of experience in the field. She is a clinical nurse specialist in psychiatric and mental health nursing and has an extensive background in both clinical and academic settings.
In addition to RCC, she has also taught at New York University; Borough of Manhattan Community College, CUNY; Dominican College in Orangeburg, NY; and Felician College in Lodi, NJ. A native Rocklander, she takes pride in giving back to her community, contributing to local branches of such organizations as Gay Men’s Health Crisis and National Alliance on Mental Illness.
- BS Nursing, Dominican College
- MA Nursing, New York University
- Outstanding Young Women of America recipient, 1991
- African American History Month Committee
- New Student Orientation Committee
- College Reappointment, Tenure and Promotion Committee
- Bi-annual Therapeutic Communications workshops for students through national Student Nurses Association