Matthew Matcovich has established multiple ties to RCC since graduating from the Mentor/Talented Students Honors program in 2008 with an AS in Mathematics and Science. After receiving a BS in Mathematics and an MS in Teaching, both from St. Thomas Aquinas College, he joined the RCC faculty as a math adjunct in 2011 and has been a full-time faculty member since 2013. He has worked in the Tutoring and Advisement centers and instructed at the RCC Sports Academy, and continues to serve as assistant coach for the baseball team.
Matcovich, a Suffern native, earned the RCC Outstanding Student Service Award in 2008 and was the 2010 East Coast Conference Male Scholar-Athlete of the Year and baseball team captain at STAC. He is working toward an MS in Mathematics at Lehman College, CUNY.
- AS Math and Science, Rockland Community College, SUNY, 2008
- BS Mathematics, St. Thomas Aquinas College, 2010
- MS Teaching, St. Thomas Aquinas College, 2011
- RCC Outstanding Student Service Award, 2008
- East Coast Conference Male Scholar-Athlete of the Year, 2010
- Developed and instructed for Project T.E.A.M.
- Coached the 2013 Region XV Champion baseball team, Rockland Community College