Lisa Schachter DNP, RN, FNP-C
Lisa Schachter, DNP, RN, FNP-C
Lisa Schachter, DNP, began full-time at the College in 2004 and rose to Professor in 2016. Her teaching assignments include both clinical and didactic components for Medical Surgical (Immunity, Oncology and Respiratory). Past teaching assignments included clinical and theoretical components of Fundamentals, clinical components of Nursing 111 and Nursing 232, Nursing 142—Mobility/Orthopedic/Elimination, Support Module for Nursing 242 and Nursing 106—Principles of Drug Administration. Her major emphasis at RCC currently is nursing care for the pediatric population.
Dr. Schachter also serves as a part-time certified Family Nurse Practitioner for Doctors on Call of New York City and for the Neighborhood and Family Health Center in the Bronx, NY, and as a seasonal Family Nurse Practitioner for the Schachter Center for Complementary Medicine in Suffern, NY. Among the positions she held before arriving at RCC were as a Family Nurse Practitioner for the Rockland County Department of Health, Women’s Health; full-time nursing faculty at Orange County Community College in Middletown, NY; adjunct faculty at Dominican College in Orangeburg, NY; clinical research/study coordinator at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital, Cardio-Thoracic Division; and staff registered nurse at Nyack Hospital and Blythedale Children’s Hospital in Valhalla, NY.
- AAS, Nursing, Rockland Community College
- BSN, Dominican College
- MSN/FNP, Columbia University School of Nursing
- DNP, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Forty Under 40 Recognition Award from the Rockland County Economic Development Center
- Rockland Community College Continuing Education Opportunities (C.E.O.) Honor Roll for Exemplary Commitment to the Success of Students
Professional Licenses and Certifications
- RN Licenses in New York and New Jersey
- Family Nurse Practitioner License
- AANP Certified
Professional Accomplishments and Affiliations
- Co-Chair for African American History Month Committee at RCC
- Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society of Nursing
- New York State Nurses Association: District # 17
- National League of Nursing
- Nurse Practitioner Network of Rockland County
- Rockland Negro Scholarship Fund Inc.
- African American Historical Society of Rockland County Board Member, 2009-present