Kristie Morris PhD
Kristie Morris, PhD
Division Chair, Business, Social and Behavioral Sciences, and Professional/Public Service
Associate Professor, Psychology
Kristie Morris, PhD, is an Associate Professor of Psychology at RCC and is the Division Chair of Business, Social and Behavioral Sciences, and Professional/Public Services. She joined the College as a full-time faculty member in 2008. Previously, she taught as an associate instructor at the University of California, Riverside, an adjunct at Pima Community College in Tucson, AZ, and an adjunct at Riverside City College in Riverside, CA.
Dr. Morris is active in many committees at RCC, including the Committee Against Sexual Assault and Relationship Violence, the Institutional Review Board, the Diversity Counsel, and the LGBTQIA+ Quality of Life Committee.
Dr. Morris has experience in teaching the following courses: General Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Psychology of Childhood, Psychology of Adolescence, and Human Sexuality.
Dr. Morris volunteers at the National Organization for Women - New York City (NOW-NYC). She is also a Volunteer Counselor at Camp Joy in Eva, TN every summer.
- BA Psychology, University of Memphis, 2000
- MA Developmental Psychology, University of California, Riverside, 2004
- PhD Developmental Psychology, University of California, Riverside, 2007
- “Forty Under 40” award from Rockland Economic Development Corporation, 2010, recognizing emerging leaders in business and professional rank
- Co-Chair, Multicultural Studies Committee, 2017
- Chair, Institutional Review Board, 2015-2017
- Co-Chair, Women's History Month Committee, 2009-2017
- Faculty Senate Executive Committee, 2011-2013
- Morris, K.L., & Spiegelman, J. (2013). Test item file for Psychology: An exploration (2nd ed). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Parke, R. D., Morris, K., Schofield, T., Leidy, M., Miller, M., & Flyr, M. (2006). Parent-child relationships: Contemporary perspectives. In P. Noller & J. A. Feeney (Eds.), Close relationships: Functions, forms, and processes. New York, NY: Psychology Press.
- Dennis, J. M., & Morris, K. L. (2005). Supplemental test bank. For E. M. Hetherington, R. D. Parke, & M. Gauvain, Child psychology: A contemporary viewpoint (6th ed). Boston, MA: McGraw Hill.
- Parke, R. D., Dennis, J., Flyr, M. L., Morris, K. L., Leidy, M. S., & Schofield, T. J. (2005). Fathers: Cultural & ecological perspectives. In T. Luster & L. Okagaki (Eds.), Parenting: An ecological perspective. Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum.
- "We are NOT a melting pot: How to recogize microaggressions and their effects on our everyday lives," (2015) Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) Workshop
- "How to Use Turnitin.com in Your Course," March 10, 2014, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) Workshop
- "Understanding the Content Changes in the DSM-5," Aug. 19, 2014, and Sept. 18, 2014, at RCC
- "Cyberbullying and Electronic Aggression: Are These the New and Improved Bullying Methods?," April 24, 2012, Distinguished Faculty Lecture Series at RCC