Kathleen Hopkins EdD, RN, CNE
Kathleen Hopkins, EdD, RN, CNE
Division Chair, STEM and Health Professions
Associate Professor, Nursing
Kathleen Hopkins, EdD, RN, CNE served as a skills lab instructor at the College from 1981 to 1986, and as an adjunct clinical instructor from 2002 to 2006. Dr. Hopkins was appointed to the full-time faculty in 2007. She currently serves as the Division Chair of STEM and Health Professions and is an Associate Professor of Nursing. Dr. Hopkins advocates the use of technology in the classroom and has developed online nursing instruction for RCC students. She serves as a National League of Nursing (NLN) On Site Program Evalautor.
Dr. Hopkins has many years of clinical experience in critical care and nursing administration, and is certified by the NLN as a Certified Nurse Educator (CNE). She has held nursing positions at such institutions as White Plains Hospital Center, Nyack Hospital and Community Hospital at Dobbs Ferry. She has previously taught in the Englewood (NJ) Hospital School of Nursing and at Mercy College. Dr. Hopkins earned her doctorate in Nursing Education at Southern Connecticut State University. Her research interests includ New Graduate Nurses, Transition to Practice, and Health and Wellbeing of Nursing Students and New Graduates.
- AAS Nursing, Rockland Community College, SUNY
- BS Nursing, New Paltz, SUNY
- MA Nursing, Teachers College, Columbia University
- EdD, Nursing Education, Southern Connecticut State University
- Nursing Leadership Award, New Paltz, SUNY
- Co-Chair, Leadership Rockland Healthcare Day
- Member, Rockland County Nurse Recognition Day Committee
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA BLS) Instructor Certified
- Past Board Member, Professional Nurses Association of Rockland County
- Hopkins, K (2015). Transition to practice after participation in a student nurse associate program: A qualitative study. (Doctoral Dissertation, Southern Connecticut State University, 2015).
- Book reviewer: Ohman, K. A. (2011). Davis's alternate format questions for the NCLEX-RN examination. F. A. Davis Co.
- Book reviewer: Arnett, J. (2012). Human Development: A Cultural Approach. 3rd Edition: New Jersey: Pearson Education.
- Book reviewer: Wilkinson, J. (2012). Nursing Process and Critical Thinking. 5th Edition. New Jersey: Pearson Education.