Kathleen Hopkins EdD, RN, CNE
Kathleen Hopkins, EdD, RN, CNE
Division Chair, STEM and Health Professions
Associate Professor, Nursing
Kathleen Hopkins, EdD, served as a skills lab instructor at the College from 1981 to 1986, and as an adjunct clinical instructor from 2002 to 2006. She currently is Associate Professor of Nursing and serves as the Division Chair of STEM and Health Professions. She was appointed to the full-time faculty in 2007. Hopkins uses technology in the classroom and has developed online nursing instruction for RCC students. She serves as the National League of Nursing (NLN) Ambassador for the College’s Nursing Department.
Dr. Hopkins has many years of clinical experience in critical care and nursing administration, and is certified by the NLN as a Certified Nurse Educator (CNE). She has held nursing positions at such institutions as White Plains Hospital Center, Nyack Hospital and Community Hospital at Dobbs Ferry. She has previously taught in the Englewood (NJ) Hospital School of Nursing and at Mercy College. Dr. Hopkins earned her doctorate in Nursing Education at Southern Connecticut State University in August 2015.
- AAS Nursing, Rockland Community College, SUNY
- BS Nursing, New Paltz, SUNY
- MA Nursing, Teachers College, Columbia University
- EdD, Nursing Education, Southern Connecticut State University
- Nursing Leadership Award, New Paltz, SUNY
- Board Member, Professional Nurses Association of Rockland County
- Co-Chair, Leadership Rockland Healthcare Day
- Member, Rockland County Nurse Recognition Day Committee
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA BLS) Instructor Certified
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certified
- Book reviewer: Ohman, K. A. (2011). Davis's alternate format questions for the NCLEX-RN examination. F. A. Davis Co.
- Book reviewer: Arnett, J. (2012). Human Development: A Cultural Approach. 3rd Edition: New Jersey: Pearson Education.
- Book reviewer: Wilkinson, J. (2012). Nursing Process and Critical Thinking. 5th Edition. New Jersey: Pearson Education.