Associate Professor, Business
Josephine Coleman has taught at RCC since 1999, starting as an Accounting adjunct, then serving as an instructor from 2007 to 2011, and currently as Associate Professor of Business. Among the courses she has taught are Principles of Accounting, Intermediate Accounting, Entrepreneurial Finance, and Introduction to Business. Coleman has integrated current technology into her class presentations through the use of publisher-based software and Online Angel enhancements. Previously, she served as an adjunct at Dominican College in Blauvelt, NY, and Bergen Community College in Paramus, NJ, teaching Auditing and Principles of Accounting.
Coleman is a certified public accountant with more than 30 years’ experience in accounting with a broad array of companies. In the private sector, she has experience in financial and compliance auditing for major banks and brokerage firms. In public accounting, she has dealt with diverse small businesses in the New York metropolitan area, focusing on certified financial reporting and write-up reports.
- BS Accounting, Brooklyn College, CUNY, 1979
- MBA Finance, St. John’s University, 1990
- President, Faculty Senate
- Chair, Business & Public & Professional Services (BPPS) Division, Reappointment, Tenure and Promotion (RTP) Committee
- Irish Cultural Committee
- RTP Revisions Committee
- Business Department Program Review, Accounting Degrees
- New York State Certified Public Accountant and AICPA member, since 1985
- Various CETL workshops at RCC, including: Income Tax Workshop, How to Reconcile Your Bank Statement, Financial Check-Up, Using the Smartboard in the Classroom, and How to Survive an IRS Audit