Erica Santelmo was appointed Instructor of Nursing in 2015. She comes to RCC with a dozen years of diverse experience in the nursing field. Her teaching credentials include didactic instruction in pediatrics and medical-surgical nursing, clinical instruction in various acute-care settings, skills laboratory instruction, and simulation coordination. She has taught at Essex County College in Newark, NJ; Hackensack UMC/Mountainside School of Nursing in Montclair, NJ; St. Paul’s School of Nursing in Queens, NY; and was a teaching fellow at Rutgers University in Newark.
Santelmo’s extensive clinical experience spans tenures as a research nurse, staff nurse, school nurse, and pediatric oncology nurse. She is pursuing a PhD in Nursing at Rutgers University.
- AAS Nursing, Queensborough Community College, 2003
- BS Nursing, University of Phoenix Online, 2006
- MS Nursing, Excelsior College, 2010
Professional Accomplishments & Credentials
- Registered Professional Nurse in New York and New Jersey
- Golden Key International Honour Society
- Sigma Theta Tau International Society of Nursing
- “Efficacy Intervention to Promote Research Careers,” Presenter at the National Institute of Health Annual Interventions Conference, San Diego, CA, August, 2014