Chair, Occupational Therapy Assistant Program
Assistant Professor, Occupational Therapy Assistant Program
Donna C. Knoebel, began at RCC in 1992 as an adjunct and joined the full-time faculty in 2009. As an assistant professor she teaches new students in introductory courses and higher level courses in mental health OT. As Program Chair her responsibilities include maintaining program accreditation for the Accreditation Council of Occupational Therapy Education.
Knoebel has 30 years of professional experience as an Occupational Therapist. Her positions included Rehabilitation Coordinator and senior OTR at Rockland Psychiatric Center in Orangeburg, NY, as well as staff positions in New York and New Jersey schools. She currently works with high school students with multiple challenges. She has been a guest lecturer on adult mental health issues at Dominican College in Orangeburg, NY.
- BS Occupational Therapy, Kean University, 1985
- MS Health Services Management, New School for Social Research, 1991
- Licensed as an Occupational Therapist in New York and New Jersey
- Vice President, St. Anne’s Food Cupboard, Nyack, NY
- Member, American Occupational Therapy Association
- Member, New York State Occupational Therapy Association
- “Taking Life Skills Out of the Classroom,” (co-authored) Advance for Occupational Therapists, 2011
- “What is Occupational Therapy?” Rockland Community College: The Star Gazer, 2013
- “Work Can be Fun in School,” ASAH Conference, Atlantic City, NJ, 2010
- “The OTA Program at Rockland Community College,” RCC Board of Trustees monthly meeting, 2011