Associate Professor, Nursing
Dale Crispell has taught at RCC since 1983 and joined the full-time faculty in 2005. She has taught a variety of nursing courses and has served as the team leader for Fundamentals of Nursing since 2005. She teaches nursing courses online, and co-developed and teaches an online course in Developmental Psychology.
Crispell enjoys working with the College community and annually participates in the Beacon Conference. She served as the faculty advisor to Phi Theta Kappa, attending the Clinton Global Initiative University at George Washington University with members of the honor society. She has served as a Faculty Senator at RCC for several years. Crispell has given presentations for the College’s Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) and has mentored several graduate students completing their master’s degrees in nursing education.
She is a published author and textbook reviewer.
- BSN, Cornell University
- MA Nursing Education, Columbia University
- SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2011
- Excellence in Nursing Practice Award, Professional Nurses Association of Rockland County, 2009
- Chair, Curriculum Committee, Nursing
- Past chair, Academic Standards Committee
- Past Discipline Coordinator, Nursing
- Chapters on Physiological Integrity/Basic Care and Comfort and Physiological Integrity/Physiological Adaptation – Ileostomy and Colostomy, McGraw-Hill Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination, 2008
- Chapter on Nursing Care of Patients with Respiratory Disorders, Medical-Surgical Nursing Foundations for Clinical Practice, 2nd edition, 1998
- RCC CETL
- Advanced Directives, 2011
- Got Wellness, 2012