Corey A. Ratner
Corey A. Ratner
Chair, Automotive Technology
Instructor, Automotive Technology
Corey Ratner is Instructor and Department Chair of Automotive Technology at RCC. A full-time faculty member since 2012, Ratner has helped expand the Automotive Technology program, introducing new technology to students such as online interactive software, which is currently used by most car manufacturers in training their technicians. Ratner has also developed hybrid classes in automotive education and served as a liaison with the automotive industry to facilitate internships and establish community partnerships.
Ratner has spearheaded an ongoing relocation of the program to an on-campus site, and has started the transition of the program to becoming a Snap-On University, authorized to offer certification in electrical meter and diagnostic procedures.
Ratner owned and operated retail and wholesale transmission companies on Long Island for 15 years, as well as two Midas dealerships for three years. Previously he worked at his family’s automotive business in Brooklyn and served as an ABC radio show panelist on car care issues. Ratner taught for three years as an adjunct at Bronx Community College, CUNY, where he developed automotive technology curriculum.
- AA Psychology, Nassau Community College, 1986
- BA Psychology, Adelphi University, 1988
- Superlative customer service awards, 15 straight years, granted by AAMCO Corporate and AAA
- Management award, 10 straight years, granted by National AAMCO Dealers Association
- Technical Chairman, Metropolitan & National AAMCO Dealers Association
- Technical Committee for parts kit development, National AAMCO Dealers Association
- Advisory Board, Precision International Transmission and Drive Train Parts Manufacturing
- Advisory Committee, Ulster County/Orange County BOCES, Automotive Technology Program
- Advisory Committee, Transtar Industries
- ASE Master Technician
- AAMCO Certified Master Technician
- AAMCO Certified Customer Service Manager
- Midas Certified Customer Service Manager
- “Diagnosing and Repairing Mercedes Valve Bodies,” AAMCO technical publication, 1998
- “The Art of Selling Repairs,” AAMCO Twin Post publication, 2000
- “How Do You Overcome a Sales Objection?” AAMCO Twin Post publication
- Manual on how to diagnose electrical systems, for use in RCC Automotive Department classes, 2013. Manual to be published for use at other schools in 2014.
- Automotive Air Conditioning Seminar, presented at Regional Meetings of the Automotive Repair Shop Assoc. (ASA), Orlando, FL, 2003