Beth A. Robinson
Beth A. Robinson
Chair, Communication Media Arts
Assistant Professor, Communication Media Arts
Beth Robinson is Assistant Professor and Chair of Communication Media Arts at RCC. She served as an adjunct at the College from 1985 to 1987 and was appointed to the full-time faculty in 2012. A Rockland County native and RCC alumna, she became interested in communications as a career after an RCC faculty member nominated her to participate in an honors program in London, where she “fell in love” with the field.
Robinson got her start in communications at CBS, and also worked for Westwood One and Dial Global. She managed Broadcast and Technical Operations for national broadcast centers in New York, Washington and Los Angeles, and was responsible for studios, production staff and major broadcasts such as the Super Bowl, Olympics, NCAA “March Madness” and CBS News, including breaking coverage of the 9/11 attacks.
Throughout her career, Robinson maintained a commitment to preparing the next generation of media professionals. In addition to RCC, she taught at Ramapo College and Montclair State University, and established a University Outreach program as a board member of the NYC chapter of the American Women in Media (AWM).
- AA Liberal Arts, Rockland Community College, SUNY, 1978
- BA English Literature, College at Cortland, SUNY, 1980
- MS Broadcasting, Newhouse School of Communications, Syracuse University, 1981
- RCC Alumni Board, 2007-2009
- RCC Film Festival Judge, since inception in 2007
- RCC Commencement Speaker, 2004
- American Legion National High School Oratorical Contest Judge, 2012
- RCC STEM Conference, “Tech Table” convener, 2012
- RCC Paralegal Studies Guest Speaker, Gay Marriage and the Law, 2013
- RCC Job Readiness Forum Guest Panelist, Non-Traditional Careers, 2013
- Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (AEJMC)