Associate Professor, Speech
Allison Frank Briker began at RCC in 1992 and joined the full-time faculty in 2000. She has developed courses such as Public Relations in Communication, Intercultural Communication, and Interviewing. She strives to gain her students’ trust, which she views as a critical component in helping them take risks to share themselves with others through public speaking.
Briker is the faculty advisor to Sigma Chi Eta, the Speech Communication honor society, and has coached the Commencement student speaker in past years. She served as co-chair of the Humanities, Social and Behavioral Sciences Division Curriculum Committee and also coordinates the semi-annual Speech contest.
- BS Public Relations, Syracuse University 1984
- MS Education, Fordham University, 1992
- SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2011
- Public Relations Society of America
- Institute for Intercultural Communication