RSVP Special Projects/Programs
RSVP Independence Project
The RSVP Independence Project is proud to be sponsored by Rockland Community College. The project’s mission is to provide the frail, elderly, disabled, homebound and veterans in Rockland County with resources and support to maintain the highest level of independence and dignity.
- Frail older adults often find themselves living in unfamiliar, impersonal surroundings with a debilitating sense of having lost both their independence and dignity.
- The basic assistance provided by our volunteers permits many of these people to remain in the familiar and cherished surroundings of their own homes, maintaining an independent existence.
- Our program of in-home support offers a variety of services, such as transportation and shopping.
Clowns R Us
RSVP has a large troupe of clowns who provide therapeutic humor at hospitals, nursing homes, special events, etc. Ongoing training is provided by RSVP. Events can be booked by calling RSVP at 845-356-6818.
Interested in joining the clown troupe? Contact RSVP at 845-356-6818.
Tutoring – Children/Adults
RSVP volunteers assist children at several school districts in the county, working with individual children or small groups depending on the needs in the school. They work with children in preschool through middle school and in all subjects, although reading is the priority.
RSVP serves the following school districts:
- Clarkstown Central School District
- East Ramapo Central School District
- North Rockland School District
- Nyack Union Free School District
- Pearl River Union Free School District
- Ramapo Central School District
RSVP also tutors adults at the following locations:
- One to One Learning, Inc.
- Literacy Volunteers of Rockland
- Rockland Community College