- TRiO Scholars Membership Requirements
- TRiO Recognition Ceremony
- TRiO Social Enrichment
- TRiO College Tours
- TRiO Academic Counseling
- TRiO Success Series (TSS)
- TRiO Lunch & Laugh
TRiO Scholars Membership Requirements
The TRiO Scholars program is designed for students who have the potential to achieve and maintain high levels of academic excellence. As a TRiO Scholar, we ask that you make a commitment to yourself and the TRiO program. It is imperative that each scholar act responsibly and be accountable for the attainment of their educational objectives. Please be mindful of this agreement to stay in good standing as a TRiO Scholar:
- I agree to attend the TRiO Orientation Session.
- I agree to work with TRiO staff to develop and implement academic and career objectives.
- I agree to attend TRiO Student Success Workshops (TSS).
- I agree to attend TRiO sponsored events.
- I agree to attend all enrolled classes on time and to complete assignments and examinations.
- I agree to notify my instructors of any absences and to make up any missed assignments as soon as possible.
- I agree to attend all scheduled tutoring sessions well-prepared and on time.
- I agree to discuss the process of adding/dropping courses with TRiO staff and a financial aid counselor.
TRiO Recognition Ceremony
The TRiO Scholars program hosts an awards and recognition ceremony each year to honor all of the scholars who have made tremendous efforts toward academic and professional excellence. We acknowledge TRiO Scholars for their hard work, high grade-point averages, and graduation. This event awards and recognizes scholars who have taken advantage of the services offered by the program and earned the most participation points throughout the academic year. This ceremony allows you to share your success with your family and friends, and the RCC community.
TRiO Social Enrichment
TRiO Scholars are invited to participate in various social and cultural enrichment trips and activities to experience some of the unique enrichment available in the New York State Area. Sample TRiO Scholar trips and events:
- Broadway Musicals
- Blue Man Group
- Circle Line Sightseeing
- Cruise Museums
- NYC Concerts
- Sports Events
- Six Flags Great Adventure
- Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island
TRiO College Tours
All TRiO Scholars are encouraged to attend some of the college tours scheduled throughout the academic year. Participate in TRiO led college tours to gain a better sense of student life on different campuses and become better prepared for the transfer process. The following SUNY institutions are some options for TRiO College Tours:
- University at Albany
- University at New Paltz
- Purchase College
- Binghamton University
- Stony Brook University
- College at Old Westbury
- Farmingdale State College
TRiO Academic Counseling
Face-to-face meetings with TRiO staff are imperative for your success. With staff assistance you will develop an academic plan, participate in career exploration, and receive transfer counseling and academic advising services. These meetings provide time and space to discuss whatever you feel is important to reaching your academic and personal success. Meeting and establishing a good rapport with the TRiO Scholars staff will expand your opportunities to achieve success. There are many TRiO services including:
- Employment and Professional Development
- Academic Assistance/Tutoring
- Weekly Coaching
- Course Selection Assistance
- Technology Skills Development
- Course-Specific Resource Help
- Academic Skills Workshops
- Financial & Economic Literacy Education
- Financial Aid & Scholarship Applications Assistance
TRiO Success Series
As a TRiO Scholar you are eligible and encouraged to participate in the TRiO Success Series (TSS). These workshops are designed to enhance your academic and personal success. You will receive advance notice of all TRiO Success Series workshops throughout the academic year. Here is a sample list of TSS workshop topics:
- Financial Literacy & Financial Aid
- How to Choose a Program of Study
- Learning Styles and Study Skills
- Resume Writing & Job-Seeking Skills
- Cultural Competency
- Stress Management
- Test Anxiety
- Workplace Competency
- Control and Responsibility
Scholars who attend and participate in TSS workshops are eligible for participation points and prizes are awarded to those with the most points at the end of each semester. Scholars can also gain participation points by attending other designated campus workshops and events.
TRiO Lunch & Laugh
One Friday each month is dedicated to a special Lunch & Laugh for TRiO Scholars, hosted by the TRiO staff. Lunch & Laugh is the perfect time to get together and share some advice and some laughs. Join us and celebrate your accomplishments, and the success of all TRiO Scholars!
Join your friends for a relaxing, fun FREE LUNCH!