Leadership Skills | Student Worker Orientation | Veterans Workshops
- ABC's of Transfer Planning
Learn the steps required to make a successful transition from RCC to the four-year school of your choice
- 12 Habits of Successful Students (Keys to College Success)
Overview and discussion of the 12 habits successful students utilize to help them achieve college success and transfer to a four-year college.
- Avoiding Procrastination
Employ new ways of thinking and avoid the negative consequences of procrastination in your life.
- Completing the Common Application The Common Application (www.commonapp.org) can be used to apply to over 700 colleges with a single application. Come learn the basics of understanding and completing the Common Application
- Formula for Mathematical Success
Discover the causes of math anxiety and strategies to help maximize your performance during math exams.
Keep Calm and Study - Enhancing Your Study Skills
How to best process and retain information for improved studying. Gain best practices for studying as a college student.
Know How You Learn - Learning Styles Workshop/Note Taking Strategies
Take a learning styles assessment and gain insight into how you learn. Helpful tips and strategies to maximize your learning capacity. Learn best practices for taking notes.
"Oh the Places You'll Go"…with WebAdvisor (Learning to navigate through WebAdvisor)
Learn about all the information at your fingertips in WebAdvisor! How to register for classes, find your college transcript, look at your program evaluation and more!
Preparing for Exams
Study techniques to prepare you for taking different types of exams, from multiple choice to essays.
Reducing Test Anxiety
Simple study and relaxation techniques to better prepare you for taking exams (multiple choice, true/false, fill-ins, and/or essays).
Taking Charge - Taking Responsibility for Your College Life
Learn about expectations for you as a college student. Learn the value of creating good rapport with faculty and staff and properly navigating the college transition process.
Test Taking Skills and Enhancing Your Memory
Learn how tactics for multiple choice tests are different than for short answer or essays. Learn how to improve your memory for important information.
Understanding the Financial Aid Process
Overview and discussion of financial aid and scholarships that can help ease students' financial concerns.
- Career Mosaic Panel Discussion
Successful professionals from a broad range of careers in health, law enforcement, education and government will share their experiences, insights and advice with students from a Hispanic perspective.
- Exploring Careers (also open to RCC alumni)
Learn to make career choices that are compatible with your skills, interests, values, and personality type. Includes career assessment tools, career exploration activities, and developing plans towards your career choices.
- Exploring Non-Traditional Careers (also open to RCC alumni) This workshop will focus on the benefits and challenges of working in fields that have been traditionally dominated by one gender.
- Interviewing Techniques (also open to RCC alumni)
Reduce the stress and successfully navigate a job interview. Preparation tips to learn the most commonly asked questions, appropriate clothes for an interview and more.
- LinkedIn 101 (also open to RCC alumni)
Introduction to this top professional networking site. Learn how to utilize LinkedIn to build professional relationships and find the right employment opportunities for you.
- LinkedIn 102 (also open to RCC alumni)
This workshop will look at the more advanced features of LinkedIn. Students will learn how build professional relationships and search for employment
- Mock Interviews (also open to RCC alumni)
Practice and perfect your interviewing skills in a friendly supportive atmosphere. Mock job interviews are recorded on video for your review, feedback and coaching. Gain skills and confidence and become better prepared for “real” employment interviews.
- Negotiating a Salary (also open to RCC alumni)
Learn about the tools needed to effectively negotiate. Steps to gather info about yourself, your target industry, and the company you are interested in.
- Networking 101: Establishing Professional Connections
How to build a professional network to help get ahead in your career. Strategies to maximize your professional connections.
Pathways to Career Success for Students with Disabilities (also open to RCC alumni)
Acing the Interview
Intro to Career Services & Resume Writing
Overcoming Career Obstacles
Workshop series presents pre-employment services for students with disabilities. Topics include resume writing, interviewing skills, job search strategies, and professional networking using social media.
- Resume Writing (also open to RCC alumni)
Learn to create an effective resume and the best resume format for highlighting your experiences and goals. What do businesses look for? Including important employment objectives. Solutions to overcome perceived limitations in your work history or education.
- Social Media & Your Job Search
Using popular social media websites in your job search. Find employment and networking opportunities using LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Learn more about the importance of creating and maintaining a professional profile and social media presence.
- Who Are You? Personalities, Careers and How They Connect
Complete the SIGI-3 Career and Personality Assessments and learn how personality traits and personal strengths can help guide the career exploration process.
- Screening Events: Each semester Counseling hosts screening events where students can learn about signs and symptoms of various mental health issues, and resources to get help for themselves or a loved one,
- Alcohol/Substance Abuse Screening
- Anxiety Screening
- Depression Screening
- Communication and Conflict Management
Learn effective communication to avoid conflicts and respond appropriately if conflicts arise.
- Financial Literacy: Planning for a Financial Future
Financial and money management strategies you can use to achieve a more secure future. Learn about managing your credit cards, credit score, loans, savings, and wealth building
- Heartfulness Presentation
Join us for a practical workshop on heartfulness meditation. You’ll experience simple yet effective guided relaxation and meditation techniques to reduce stress, calm your mind and improve the quality of your life.
- Film & Discussion: Audrie and Daisy
“AUDRIE & DAISY is an urgent real-life drama that examines the ripple effects on families, friends, schools and communities when two underage young women find that sexual assault crimes against them have been caught on camera.“ This film… “takes a hard look at American’s teenagers who are coming of age in this new world of social media bullying, spun wildly out of control.”
- Film & Discussion: Hunting Ground
Come and view this startling exposé of rape crimes on U.S. college campuses, the cover-ups and the devastating impact on students and families.
- Managing Disappointments
Specific techniques to better manage your disappointments, or, “turning lemons into lemonade.”
- Rape, Agression, and Defense Presentation RAD Classes Provide:
- Reliable, professional training by certified instructors
- A comprehensive program emphasizing awareness, prevention, risk reduction and avoidance
- A continuum of strategies to counteract assaults by strangers and acquaintances
- Referrals to knowledgeable RCC or local community resources if a participant needs support with any related safety concern or incident
- A lifetime guarantee for education and practice
- Rape Culture
Come join our conversation about rape culture. What is it? Do we live in one?
- Reach Out Suicide Prevention
Learn the signs and symptoms of suicide and how to help yourself or a friend.
- Stress Reduction
Learn a variety of techniques to reduce stress in everyday life and improve your overall well being.
- Teen Dating Violence
Dating Violence affects 1 in 3 people. Learn how you can protect yourself!
- Title IX: Sexual Violence Prevention Workshop
Important topics related to sexual assault prevention, bystander intervention and the definition of “consent.”
- How to be an Effective Leader
Define leadership, learn the characteristics people seek in leaders, and reflect on your own personal and career skills to establish long and short-term success.
- Leadership Styles
Discover your strengths as a leader and learn how to build a team that compensates for your weaknesses.
- No “I” in Team: Team Building Workshop
Learn how to be an effective team player.
- New Student Worker Orientation
Required for new student workers: review student worker policies and procedures, and learn about available payment options.
From Combat to Careers (also open to RCC alumni)
ACE the Interview
Mapping your Career Path
Resume Writing - Keeping it Undated
Social Soldiers - A Professional Guide to Social Media
RCC’s career specialists and counselors are here to assist our veterans. Topics include: choosing a career path, organizing and writing resumes, identifying transferable skills, translating military terminology to civilian terminology, developing interviewing skills, and exploring promising employment opportunities.