Advisement via Skype
Rockland Community College is pleased to offer Academic Advisement via SKYPE. This allows students to meet face to face with an Academic Advisor from any location.
Your academic advisor will review your program evaluation, make course recommendations, refer you to a wide variety of College resources and answer any questions you may have. At the end of your SKYPE advisement appointment, the advisor will clear you for registration.
Please note the following:
- At this time, this service is only available to students currently attending RCC. New and returning students must be advised in person in the Advisement Center.
- SKYPE Advisement is by appointment only. Spaces are limited. (details below)
- Make sure you have PHOTO ID with you at the time or your advisement appointment. (You cannot be advised without this.)
- You must have an active MY RCC account.
- You must has a computer with a working webcam, microphone, and speaker system.
- Make sure SKYPE has been downloaded on the computer in use and that you have an active account. Skype is a free service that can be downloaded from www.skype.com
- If you do not have a Skype account, create your personal username and password. When the sign in window pops up, signin using the username and password you created.
- Once you are signed in, check the audio settings under “tools” and
- then “options”; be sure this is set to “microphone”. (May only be needed if you use a headset)
- Add the Advisement Center to your contact list:
- Click “Add Contact” from your home screen OR click “Add Contact” under the “Contacts” tab
- Search for rcc.advisement (location: Suffern, NY)
- Add rcc.advisement to your contact list
How to schedule an a appointment:
- Visit http://tutortrac.sunyrockland.edu
- See instructions at the bottom of this page.
- Come in or call the Academic Advisement Center at 845-574-4443
Skype advisement advisement instructions can be found in myRCC. Once you log in click on Student Services (bottom left) → Academic Advisement Center → Student Resources