Rockland Community College is pleased to offer two different options for students wishing to receive advisement online. Click the links below for more information:
Rockland Community College is pleased to offer Academic Advisement via Google Hangouts. This allows students to meet face to face with an Academic Advisor from any location.
Your academic advisor will review your program evaluation, make course recommendations, refer you to a wide variety of College resources and answer any questions you may have. At the end of your Google Hangout advisement appointment, the advisor will clear you for registration.
Please note the following:
- At this time, this service is only available to students currently attending RCC. New and returning students must be advised in person in the Advisement Center.
- Google Hangout Advisement is by appointment only. Spaces are limited. (details below)
- Make sure you have PHOTO ID with you at the time or your advisement appointment. (You cannot be advised without this.)
How to schedule an appointment:
- Call the Academic Advisement Center at 845-574-4443
After you book the appointment:
- Check your RCC Email. You will receive an invite to the Advisement Appointment. Be sure to click YES to confirm your appointment
At the time of your appointment:
- Check your email. You will see another email, reminding you of the appointment.
- Click the link in the email to start the call.
- Please note: It is the students responsibility to initiate the video call
- Make sure you have a copy of your photo ID
- Make sure you are dressed appropriately
- Have a list of questions or concerns to discuss with the advisor
- If you have any problems connecting, please contact the Academic Advisement Center at 845-574-4443
Rockland Community College is pleased to offer Academic Advisement via email.
Your academic advisor will review your program evaluation, make course recommendations, refer you to a wide variety of College resources and answer any questions you may have. At the end of your e-mail advisement session, the advisor will clear you for registration.
To receive advisement via email please complete the steps below:
- Send an email to email@example.com from your sunyrockland.edu account with the words "E-Advisement" in the subject heading and including the following information in the body of the message:
- Your full name
- Your Student ID number
- Your curriculum of study
- A completed E-Advisement Authorization Form (as an attachment)
- A copy of your Student ID card (as an attachment)
- NOTE: You must communicate through your sunyrockland.edu email account. We will not provide advisement to students using other email services.
- An academic advisor will respond and begin the advisement session. At the conclusion of the advisement session, the advisor will clear your for registration.
- Students can then register online (if eligible) or in person/via fax through Records