Eugene Levy Fieldhouse
- William Murphy, Director of Public Safety
For Emergencies Only*
Preserving the safety and well-being of all students, faculty and staff and visitors at Rockland Community College is the professional responsibility of Public Safety and other administrative departments. It is also a matter of mutual support, caring and caution by all members of the campus community.
Students, faculty, staff and visitors can do much to aid the work of Public Safety and to protect themselves and their property. We are fortunate at RCC that we have experienced very little crime, and we all share in the responsibility of making the learning and working environment safe and enjoyable for everyone.
- Public Safety includes a Director of Public Safety, 12 full-time Public Safety officers and about 30 Student Public Safety Assistants.
- Our department provides continuous patrols of the campus by uniformed Public Safety officers, 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
RCC Public Safety officers are certified and/or qualified in specific areas that concern the college environment. Skills in which our officers are trained include:
- First Aid
- Emergency Oxygen
- Automated External Defibrillation
- Emergency Response Procedures
- Three-day Undoing Racism Workshop
- Conflict Management
- Crisis Intervention
Public Safety is also in compliance with the licensing registration and training requirements of the New York State Security Guard Act and all federal reporting requirements. Our office is located on the 2nd floor of the Fieldhouse.