Become a Volunteer!
The Volunteer Service Program provides opportunities for our students to develop a sense of social awareness and an understanding of life, work and responsible citizenship in a changing and diverse world. By matching student’s skills and interests with a local non-profit program or agency whose needs are compatible with the student’s, a partnership is formed from which the whole community benefits.
Benefits of participating in the Volunteer Service Program:
- Gain valuable transferable skills
- Build relationships with peers and professional faculty and staff
- Participate in development workshops
- Earn 42 hours+ to be eligible and apply for a co-curricular transcript
- Certificate of completion, volunteer pin, graduation cords
- Invitation to the L.E.A.D.-ership Luncheon
Students who achieve 42 hours of volunteer services are eligible to audit one 3-credit course after they have graduated. For further information, contact the Volunteer Service Program, second floor of the Student Union, 845-574-4373/4374.