Futures Are Built on Our Foundation
Community support was the genesis of the Rockland Community College Foundation.
In 1981, members of the community held a Golf Outing to raise funds to help the College's Golf Team attend a national tournament. This led to the creation of the RCC Foundation as an ongoing organization. Since then, the Foundation has provided funds to purchase college equipment, enhance the campus and facilities and establish financial resources for students in need.
Among its many philanthropic programs, are:
- Facilitating more than 125 scholarships for students
- Providing technology upgrades
- Helping fund the campus child care center
The Foundation has awarded more than $3 million in scholarships. Over $300,000 in scholarship assistance is awarded to students annually.
The Rockland Community College Foundation is a nonprofit charitable institution that responds to the educational needs and aspirations of the people of Rockland County by assisting Rockland Community College.
The Foundation provides financial assistance to the College for the continuing development of its students, staff, faculty and programs of the College.
The Foundation helps the College address several needs which have a significant educational and community impact but would not be met without private funds.
There are numerous ways to contribute to the Foundation:
- Endowed Scholarships - can be structured for nearly any purpose and with almost any criteria desired by the donor. Donors are informed of the names of scholarship awardees.
- Instructional Leadership Endowment - This gift provides the donor with the opportunity to create a named gift that clearly articulates the contributor's appreciation for educational excellence.
- College-Wide Technology Improvements -
- Athletic Facility Improvements - For uniforms, equipment and tournament travel or to help maintain or improvements and maintenance to scoreboards, fields and facilities.
- Campus Improvements - Donors with a particular interest in campus beautification, permanent art installations or building sponsorship should consider a gift to this fund.
- Purchase of New Books - Donors may wish to purchase a group of books in a specific subject area, or an assortment of texts. All books are chosen from the library's need list.
- Leave a Legacy - When you leave a legacy to the Foundation, you help change the path of many lives.
For more info, contact Don Cairns, Executive Director of RCC Foundation at 845- 574 - 4576 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Board of Directors: |
Mitchell Gusler, CPA, CVA
Rifkin & Company, LLP, CPAs
Oppenheimer & Co
Dennis J. Dale
Dale & Dale Associates, Inc.
MSA Consulting Corp
James W. Tarpey
Grey Hare Advisors LLC
Dr. Cliff L. Wood
Rockland Community College
Dr. Sonya Shapiro, Ed.D.
All Types Advertising, Inc.
L.B. Marketing & Creative Services
Cameron Group, Inc
Sonia Burgos Crannage, Esq.
Sichol & Hicks
John A. DeCicco
Rockland County Veterans Services
Eric Dranoff, Esq.
Saretsky, Katz, Dranoff & Glass LLP
Walter C. Fiedler
RCC Senior Citizen’s Club
Orange & Rockland Utilities, Inc.
Tanya A. Gayle, Esq.
Assistant District Attorney, Rockland
Plus Media Group
Goldkap Consulting Group
All Bright Electric
Chief of Police, Village of Suffern
Piccini Arch. Woodwork
Real Estate/Property Manager
Dr. Robert Schelin, PhD
Richard W. Syrek
Dean, RCC CPPD
Associate Professor, RCC
NYC Board of ED
Alden H. Wolfe, Esq.
Alden H. Wolfe, P.C.