Residency Policy & Due Dates
Residency Policy & Due Dates
Certificate of Residency Due Dates: (In our office)
New York City (New Students Only)
- Summer Session 1: 6-26-2015
- Summer Session 2: 6-30-2015
- Summer Session 3: 7-31-2015
- Wintersession: 1-23-2015
- Fall/Spring Semesters 30 days from start of the semester
- Returning students cannot obtain a new certificate until present one expires.
- Winter: 2-4-2015
- Spring: 2-23-2015
- Summer Session 1: 6-25-2015
- Summer Session 2: 7-01-2015
- Summer Session 3: 7-30-2015
- Fall: 10-02-2015
- Winter & Spring: 2-28-2015
- Summer: 7-30-2015
- Fall: 9-30-2015
Required for new students, returning students who have not been registered for the previous two semesters, and Non-Rockland County New York State residents)
To be eligible for the resident tuition rate students must meet one of the following requirements:
- Provide clear documentation of one year's legal residency in New York State and six months in Rockland County prior to the start date of the semester.
- New York State Residents of at least the past 12 months may provide a Certificate of Residency from another county in New York State. The form is issued by the county in which they have resided verifying they have lived in that county for the six months prior to attending RCC. If they have lived in more than one NY State county during those six months, verification from each county will be required.
Note: A person does not acquire a New York State Domicile (Legal Residence) simply by being physically present in New York State for a period of 12 months or for the sole purpose of attending a New York State college or university. If your principal or permanent home has not been in New York State for a 12-month period immediately prior to the date you intend to enroll, you will be considered an out-of-state student for tuition purposes.
Permanent Residents Cards
Permanent resident cards must be dated one year prior to the start date of term the student wishes to register for in order to be considered eligible for resident tuition. The student must also meet the NY State and County requirements as indicated above.
Students on F (student), B (visitor), J (exchange), C, D, H2, H3, M, O2, P, Q, R or TN visas are not eligible for resident rate of tuition. Persons holding a different Immigration status should contact the Bursar at 845-574-4243.
Students who fail to present documentation will be charged non-resident tuition. It is the responsibility of the student – not the College – to prove residency.
Any of the following is appropriate documentation of State and County legal residency:
- Evidence of duration of the student’s physical presence in NY State
- Evidence of state of residency of the student’s family
- NYS driver’s license or non-driver ID card
- NYS voter registration
- NYS motor vehicle registration
- NYS income tax returns
- NYS bank accounts
- Proof of ownership of NYS real property
- Residential lease for property
Certificate applications are available in the Bursar's Office and must be presented to the home county Treasurer's Office.
A new certificate must be submitted each year.