Summer/Wintersession Registration Steps
Summer/Wintersession Student Registration Steps
Check course availability online at WebAdvisor
STEP 1: Identify Your Student Category
*Returning visiting students can skip to step 5
* All students who wish to take an English or mathematics course need to participate in an assessment of their skill levels in reading, writing and mathematics. See Placement Testing Schedule.
- New visiting students: Attending RCC for the first time during the summer/winter sessions and not seeking degrees or financial aid
- High school students: Graduating in June 2016 and not continuing their studies at RCC in the fall
- Visiting students: Taking courses for transfer to their home institution. Please bring transcripts to show prerequisites have been met. A valid picture ID is also required for registration and residency check.
All students in the following categories need to see an Admissions counselor:
- High school students who will not graduate in June 2016
- Students without a high school diploma who are seeking to earn their 24 credit hour GED by earning college credits
- New students who wish to continue their studies at RCC as degree-seeking students (matriculating) or financial aid recipients
STEP 2: Financial Aid
Because new students do not usually matriculate for the summer/winter sessions, financial aid is not generally available to new summer students. If you are interested in seeking financial aid for the summer sessions, you are encouraged to speak with a Financial Aid counselor to determine eligibility and the steps to be taken.
STEP 3: Immunizations
All students in New York State who enroll in 6 or more credits must submit a completed immunization form. Failure to provide acceptable immunization documentation may result in removal from classes without refund of tuition and fees.
STEP 4: Advisement
Advisor signatures are not required for summer or winter registrations. However, students seeking a faculty advisor for their summer course selections are encouraged to go to the Student Development Center. Students who wish to take more than the following number of credits must receive an approval signature on their form from the Student Development Center counselors.
- Summer Session I or III: 7-credit limit
- Summer SessionII: 9-credit limit
- Combination of Summer Sessions: 12-credit limit
- Wintersession: 4-credit limit
STEP 5: Registration
Students may register for classes through the first day of each session. At Records & Registration you will find links to forms you need to register, important dates and deadlines, and WebAdvisor, where you can browse our course offerings - you don’t need a password or User ID to look for courses.