College-Level Examination Program Information and Registration
College-Level Examination Program
Information and Registration
Online study resources at
CLEP® are nationally standardized credit-by-exam tests recognized by most institutions of higher education across the nation.
For RCC students
Consult with your counselor or advisor to ensure that the test supports your degree plan.
- See tests, required scores and equivalent RCC course
- The qualifying scores and number of credits granted are determined by the individual academic disciplines
Other colleges set their own policies regarding CLEP® exams and credits granted. Contact your admissions officer or academic advisor to learn their CLEP® policy.
Scheduling a CLEP® Test at RCC
- You may schedule and take only one test per day
- Submit a CLEP® Reserve a Date Form with $25 per test in a non-refundable money order payable to RCC Association for administrative costs. No personal checks or cash accepted.
- Send or bring the form and payment 2 weeks in advance to ensure your space
RCC Placement and Assessment, 145 College Rd., Suffern NY 10901
- Register and pay CLEP® for the exams online at clep.collegeboard.org
- You will receive an email confirming the date of your exam
- All tests are given in Room 8348 of the Technology Center
- You must arrive by 4:45 pm
|Upcoming Test Dates|
Please check back at the end of February for the new schedule!
Cancellations and inclement weather
- If you must cancel, please let us know
- Cancellations require that you start the registration process again
- If weather conditions are questionable
- Call us at 845-574-4288 or
- Call RCC hotline 845-574-4034 or
- Check online www.cancellations.com.
The Day of the CLEP® Exam
- Arrive no later than 4:45 - the exam begins promptly at 5:00 pm
- If weather is questionable please call to confirm we are open: 845-574-4288 or call the RCC hotline 845-574-4034 or check online at www.cancellations.com
- All tests are given in Room 8348 of the Technology Center at RCC
- One form of valid and current government issued identification and must contain a photograph and a signature. The name listed on your ID must exactly match the name printed on the CLEP Exam Registration ticket.
- The CLEP Exam Registration Ticket.
- Headphones if taking a CLEP world language exam.
Acceptable forms of identification:
- Passport with name, photograph and signature
- Driver's license with name, photograph and signature
- State or Province ID issued by the motor vehicle agency with name, photograph and signature
- National ID with name, photograph and signature
- Tribal ID card with name, photograph and signature
- Naturalization card or certificate of citizenship with name, photograph and signature
- Military ID with name, photograph and signature
- A Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) with name, photograph and signature
CLEP test preparation resources available through libraries and bookstores:
- The Best Test Preparation CLEP Book
- (Name of Exam) The Easy Way
- The College Board CLEP Official Study Guide
- How to Prepare for the CLEP Exam
- Barron’s CLEP Study Guide