College-Level Examination Program Information and Registration
College-Level Examination Program
Information and Registration
Online study resources at
CLEP® are nationally standardized credit-by-exam tests recognized by most institutions of higher education across the nation.
For RCC students
Consult with your counselor or advisor to ensure that the test supports your degree plan.
- See tests, required scores and equivalent RCC course
- The qualifying scores and number of credits granted are determined by the individual academic disciplines
Other colleges set their own policies regarding CLEP® exams and credits granted. Contact your admissions officer or academic advisor to learn their CLEP® policy.
- All tests are given in Room 8348 of the Technology Center
- Cell phones and any other electronic devices are not allowed!
- You must arrive by 4:45 pm for the evening session
Please note Dates are subject to change
|Monday||March 13, 2017|
|Thursday||March 30, 2017|
|Wednesday||April 5, 2017|
|Tuesday||April 18, 2017|
|Monday||May 1, 2017|
|Tuesday||May 9, 2017|
|Wednesday||June 7, 2017|
|Thursday||June 15, 2017|
PLEASE NOTE: If you need to take a language test please call our office before reserving your test date.
Scheduling a CLEP Test at our center
- Complete the CLEP Reserve a Date Form. If taking several tests, you may copy the registration form for each test. Receipt of the forms at least two weeks prior to the test would be greatly appreciated. Availability of space cannot be guaranteed if the registration form is not received on time.
- Registration Fee must be paid in advance in order to reserve a testing spot.
- Personal checks or cash are not accepted. Please send one non-refundable $25.00 money order per test payable to the RCC Association along with Reserve a Date form to: Rockland Community College, Placement and Assessment, Technology Center Room 8340, 145 College Road, Suffern, NY 10901
Register and Pay for CLEP Prior to test day
CLEP® exam payments must be made by test-takers online through the My Account portal at www.clep.collegeboard.org
Test takers must bring:
- One form of valid and current government-issued identification and must contain a photograph and a signature. The name listed on your ID must exactly match the name printed on the ticket.
- The CLEP Exam Registration Ticket.
- Headphones if taking a CLEP world language exam.
Acceptable forms of identification include:
- Passport with name, photograph and signature
- Driver’s license with name, photograph and signature
- State or Province ID issued by the motor vehicle agency with name, photograph and signature
- National ID with name, photograph and signature
- Tribal ID card with name, photograph and signature
- A naturalization card or certificate or citizenship with name, photograph and signature
- Military ID with name, photograph and signature
- A Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) with name, photograph and signature
Please call our office at 845-574-4288 or 845-574-4525 if you have any further questions.
Look for these CLEP® test prep materials available through public libraries and bookstores:
- The Best Test Preparation CLEP Book
- Name of Exam The Easy Way
- The College Board CLEP Official Study Guide
- How to Prepare for the CLEP Exam
- Barron’s CLEP Study Guide
- CLEP E-books for digital devices (RCC Library)