Honors Info Session
RCC Honors Open House
Honors Info Session
Rockland Community College is excited to invite you to our MTS Honors Info Session on date TBA, at 7 pm, where you can learn about the tremendous opportunities available to top students in our nationally recognized honors program. MTS Honors has a long and successful history preparing top students to transfer to Tier One and Ivy League Schools. Our Info Session will be held in Student Union, Room 3214 and will include speakers as well as a question and answer session.
Join our Nationally Recognized Program
- The Sam Draper Mentor/Talented Student (MTS) Honors Program at Rockland Community College is nationally recognized for offering highly advanced academic pursuits and for preparing students to transfer successfully to Ivy League and other outstanding four-year colleges.
Transfer to Top Colleges
- Ivy League and Tier One recruiters seek out RCC Honors students for transfer, thanks to the program’s reputation for producing highly qualified candidates. Students who graduate with a GPA of 3.5 or higher have a high rate of transferring to top schools across the country.
- A sample of colleges and universities that have accepted RCC Honors graduates includes: Cornell, Columbia, Georgetown, Harvard, NYU, Sarah Lawrence, Smith, SUNY campuses, University of Michigan, University of Pennsylvania, Yale and many more.
What is a mentor?
- Honors classes are taught by experienced professors who are paired with students in a personalized mentoring relationship based on students’ individual interests and talents. Mentors help arrange schedules; guide students’ progress and help with transfer to a four-year college or university.
What will I study?
- Honors classes are small (around 20 students) and involving (lively discussions, group projects). Interest areas include Art, Liberal Arts, Humanities/Social Science, Science, Math, and Business.
- One of the most exciting opportunities is the two-week Cambridge University summer program which offers the unique experience of studying at one of the world’s oldest and most prestigious universities.
Am I eligible?
Several factors influence acceptance into the Program:
- SAT scores
- High school GPA
- Regents course loads
- Personal interview
- Special talents, strong intelligence, educational acumen, even extenuating circumstances may all play a role in your admission.
- Students already in RCC, or transferring in, with a GPA of 3.5 or above in their first or second semester, are encouraged to apply to the Honors Program.
Can High School Seniors Enroll?
- The Honors Program is open to high school seniors who wish to complete their senior year of high school by registering as full-time Early Admit students at RCC and taking credit courses on campus. Students must start the application process with their high school guidance counselor. (Home-schooled students should contact Admissions.) Once accepted as Early Admit, students may qualify for the Honors program if they meet other criteria.
How much does it cost?
- Enrolling in the Honors Program enables you to save as much as $100,000 on the cost of your bachelor’s degree without sacrificing the quality of your education. Tuition: $2150/semester(NYS residents, subject to change).
If you have any questions please contact Hannah Lowney at 845-574-4796