How to Apply
Applying to RCC is simple!
Steps to Apply as an International Student:
- Submit the application form and $30 application fee. You can apply online or with a paper application.
- Submit documentation that you have the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED):
- Submit official secondary school transcripts (academic records) along with a completion certificate, and/or exam results (if applicable) in English or with English translation. For English translation, you can use any official service in your home country or local translation services in the U.S.
- If you have attended college or a university, submit official transcripts from all schools attended. College or university transcripts from non-U.S. schools will need to be evaluated by a professional evaluation company to qualify for transfer credits. We accept any service that are members of NACES.
- The TOEFL/IELTS exam is NOT required. All students must take an English and Math placement exam upon arrival before they can register for classes. Students will be placed into ESL courses if needed based on the exam results. Students will still be enrolled in their Associates degree while taking ESL courses and will be able to take certain degree courses.
- Bank statement, in English, showing a bank balance equivalent to at least $20,000 U.S.
- Agreement of Financial Support signed by the sponsor(s) whose name appears on the bank statement. *not required if bank statement is in applicant's name
- SEVIS I20 and Mailing Information Form: please include information on any dependents and indicate how you would like to receive your admission documents
- Copy of passport information page
- Proof of immunization against measles, mumps and rubella *required prior to registering for classes
If transferring to RCC from another school in the U.S., we will also need the following from you:
- Copies of visa and current I-20 form
- Transcripts from current school, when available. *Not required for students transferring from an English language school
- SEVIS Transfer-In Form, completed by yourself and your current international student adviser
Our office reserves the right to request an evaluation of all foreign education credentials in order to verify documentation if deemed necessary.
Documents can be sent by email to
or by mail to:
Rockland Community College
International Student Services
145 College Road
Suffern, NY 10901, USA