How to Apply
Applying to RCC is simple!
International Student Application Requirements:
- Application form and $30 application fee. You can apply or with a paper application.
- If submitting a paper application, please complete a payment authorization form for the $30 application fee and send it with your supporting documents.
- Documentation that you have the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)*:
- Official secondary school transcripts (academic records) along with a completion certificate, and/or exam results (if applicable) in English or with English translation. For English translation, you can use any official service in your home country or local translation services in the U.S.
- If you have attended college or a university, submit official transcripts from all schools attended. College or university transcripts from non-U.S. schools will need to be evaluated by a professional evaluation company to qualify for transfer credits. We accept any of the following services:
- The TOEFL/IELTS exam is NOT required. All students must take an English and Math placement exam upon arrival before they can register for classes. Students will be placed into ESL courses if needed based on the exam results. Students will still be enrolled in their Associates degree while taking ESL courses and will be able to take certain degree courses.
- Bank statement, in English, showing a bank balance equivalent to at least $20,760 U.S.
- Agreement of Financial Support signed by the sponsor(s) whose name appears on the bank statement. *not required if bank statement is in applicant's name
- SEVIS I20 and Mailing Information Form: please include information on any dependents and indicate how you would like to receive your admission documents
- Copy of passport information page
- Proof of immunization against measles, mumps and rubella *required prior to registering for classes
If transferring to RCC from another school in the U.S., we will also need the following from you:
- Copies of visa and current I-20 form
- Transcripts from current school, when available. *Not required for students transferring from an English language school
- , completed by yourself and your current international student adviser
Our office reserves the right to request an evaluation of all foreign education credentials in order to verify documentation if deemed necessary.
Documents can be sent by email to
or by mail to:
Rockland Community College
International Student Services
145 College Road
Suffern, NY 10901, USA
*Any transcripts and/or completion certificates sent by email or submitted as unofficial copies are acceptable for admission purposes only. Students must submit official copies upon arrival at the College.
RCC is rolling admission and accepts students throughout the year. However, for those students outside the U.S. and needing to apply for an F-1 visa, we ask that applications are submitted by the following dates for each semester.
|Fall Semester (September)||July 15|
|Spring Semester (January)||December 1|
|Summer Semester* (June)
*only available to international students currently studying in the U.S.