To better serve you, be sure that you mail or fax us the Arrival Information that we sent you. Then, we will be able to make prearrangements for airport pickup and hotel accommodations.
If you have just arrived...
International Students are accommodated at the Howard Johnson. The rate is $79 plus tax per day and this hotel is located approximately 3 miles from RCC.
In order to find more permanent housing, you will have to do the following:
- Contact Kim Sojak, International Student Services, Room 8120, phone # 845-574-4527, when you have arrived. She can provide International Students with names of landlords/ladies in Rockland County who are interested in renting rooms to international students.
- Average rents range from $500 to $600 per month with a family.
- Students are expected to leave an additional $500 to $600 as security deposit--usually the equivalent of one month's rent. This money is used to cover damage to property or to cover lost rent if a student moves before the agreed time period.
- Keep in mind that most landlords/ladies expect students to stay in their home at least one semester (4 months).
- Rules vary from home to home.
- Check the local newspapers for apartments. Apartments start from $850 and up.
We will assist you in finding housing, but it is strictly the responsibility of the students.