Incoming Transfer Student
Incoming Transfer Students
Rockland Community College welcomes students who have completed coursework at other institutions and who wish to continue their studies at RCC. If students are transferring from another college, RCC Records will evaluate their credits based on the degree they intend to pursue at RCC. At least half the number of credits required for the degree must be completed at RCC, with the exception of the LPN to RN Express Program students. For students seeking a certificate, half the number of credits required for this certificate must be completed at RCC.
The maximum number of transferable credits to RCC for an associate’s degree is 32 credits, with the exception of students entering with Automotive Service Excellence Certification A1-A8. The maximum number of credits transferred to RCC to earn a certificate is 15 credits. Courses for which a student has earned a grade lower than a “C” will not be accepted for transfer.
- Students who fail to provide official academic records from previous institutions may jeopardize their academic standing and financial aid status at the College.
- There are some limitations on the time period before credits get "stale" and are no longer applicable for transfer.
- Credits earned at institutions outside of the U.S. require official evaluation from an accredited agency such as one of the following:
- AACRAO International/IES 202-296-3359
- Globe Language Services, Inc. 212-227-1994 www.globelanguage.com
- WES (World Education Services) 212-219-7330 www.WES.ORG (for questions go to: email@example.com
- NAEG (North American Educational Group) 888-539-2804 www.naeg.org (for questions go to: info@NAEG.org
- Advanced Standing
For more information contact Admissions at 845-574-4224