Evening and Weekend Programs
"Taking courses on the weekends allows me to continue working full-time, so I can continue to support my family while I’m training to become a nurse,"
-- Valerie Kozma, single parent, and RCC nursing student.
Rockland Community College now offers students the opportunity to earn full-time status by attending class on nights and weekends. Full-time students are provided with a number of advantages, including the possibility of enhanced financial aid. Courses are offered 7 days per week. Information on specific evening and weekend offerings are regularly published in our fall, winter, spring, and summer bulletins or, for you convenience you may search for evening and weekend courses that are currently available by clicking WebAdvisor
*NOTE: To find evening offerings, search for classes beginning on weekdays after 5:00 p.m. To find weekend offerings search for classes that are offered on Saturday and Sunday
Who takes courses on weekends?
- Students who have work and family obligations.
- Students who want to work at their own pace.
- Casual learners.
How long will it take me to earn a degree on the weekends?
- You can earn an Associate's Degree on weekends in just two years, providing you meet RCC's competency in English and math.
- You can earn a Paralegal Certificate in as little as 10 months because it is a certificate, not a degree.
What if I want to take classes during the week too?
You can complete a program with any combination of daytime, evening, online, blended (online and on-campus) and weekend courses.
Which programs offer weekend degrees or certifications?
- A.S. Business Administration
- A.A. Liberal Arts & Science
- A.A.S. Paralegal
- Paralegal Certificate
Am I eligible for financial aid?
Any enrolled student working towards a degree or certificate can apply for a loan, grant or scholarship. Call (845) 574-4282 or visit the Financial Aid Office.
Will these credits transfer to a four-year college?
- RCC has collaborated with several four-year institutions to plan the smoothest routes from our campus to theirs. See Will My Credits Transfer?
- A.S. Business Administration RCC partners with Dominican College to offer students the opportunity to earn the weekend Business Degree followed by a bachelor's degree in Business Administration. Many of the credits associated with this degree may also transfer to other four-year colleges in the region.
When do classes start?
You can start this summer! Visit Records/Registrar.
How do I register?
- If you are seeking a degree/certificate: Admissions, Recruitment and Enrollment Services.
- For summer registration, visit www.sunyrockland.edu/go/summer.
How do I get more information?
|Weekend Programs||Burton Louis Charles, |
Coordinator of Evening/ Weekend Studies
Phone: (845) 574-4789