Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools



Frequently Asked Questions


1. Can I transfer my A.A.S. degree in Hospitality to a four-year program?

Yes. Many students pursue a baccalaureate degree at a wide variety of schools. we have several articulation agreements pending including New York University, Fairleigh Dickenson, St. John's and Florida International. SUNY schools accept almost all of the Rockland Community College credits.


2. Can the courses I take for the Culinary Arts Certificate apply to the A.A.S. Degree?

Yes. All ten courses required for the Culinary Arts Certificate apply to the A.A.S. Degree.


3. Will someone in the department help me find a job when I graduate?

Yes. The department members have numerous contacts with local businesses and can assist you in job placement.


4. Do I have to complete the A.A.S. Degree in two years or the Certificate in one year?

No. Students may take as few courses in a semester as they choose and may take as long as they want to complete the program.


5. Will Rockland Community College accept transfer credits from other institutions?

Yes. If courses are pertinent to the degree and the student has obtained a grade of "C" or higher, transfer credit is granted.


6. What type of careers are available to Hospitality and and Tourism graduates?

There are career opportunities in a variety of industries including hotels, restaurants, airlines, transportation companies, and travel and tourism attractions.

Document Actions