Student Support & Scholarships
RCC Foundation Scholarships
The RCC Foundation has provided more than $3 million in scholarships to students.
Each year, the RCC Foundation awards more than $350,000 in student scholarships. Since its inception, the Foundation has awarded more than $3 million in student scholarship awards. Recipients are awarded based on various criteria including academic achievement, athletic or artistic talents, being a member of underrepresented groups, residing in the County, high school attended, and demonstrated financial need.
Scholarships are available for new RCC students, continuing RCC students, and even for RCC students who are graduating and continuing their education at a 4-year college.
The Scholarships for Continuing RCC Students application process begins Friday, April 3, 2015. The submission deadline for scholarship applications is Wednesday, April 22, 2015.
Important Information For Continuing RCC Students
- The College will offer free Scholarship Application Workshops during the application period from April 13 to April 22.
- You may apply for a maximum of 5 scholarships.
- For questions regarding the RCC Foundation Scholarship Application process, please contact Financial Aid (Technology Center, Room 8141) at 845-574-4282 or firstname.lastname@example.org or send an email to email@example.com.
- RCC Scholarship Application Website
- Purchase College Scholarships
Friday, April 3
|RCC Foundation Scholarship Website Open for Applications|
Wednesday, April 22
|Deadline for Submission of Scholarship Applications|
Monday, May 11
|Scholarship Awards Ceremony, Cultural Arts Center, 6:30 pm|
Scholarship Requirements for Continuing RCC Students
- You must be a matriculated student and have earned a minimum of 12 degree credits by the end of the Fall 2014 semester.
- You must have achieved a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better at the end of the Fall 2014 semester (except as noted in a particular scholarship’s criteria).
- You must be either currently enrolled in at least three credits in the Spring 2015 semester, or have been enrolled in at least three credits in the Fall 2014 semester.
- For scholarships requiring the demonstration of financial need, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 1, 2015.
- You must submit a personal essay or a specific question-asked essay.
- You must submit at least one faculty letter of recommendation.
Scholarships for New or Incoming Students
New or incoming students must not have completed more than 9 credits at any college or university. They may be: (1) current high school seniors completing course work at their high school, (2) at RCC as Early Admit students, or (3) new adult students who have never attended RCC.
New students are considered for all scholarships for which they are eligible, but if there are one or more particular scholarships in which they are interested, they must be sure to note that at the end of their scholarship essay.