Student Support & Scholarships
RCC Foundation Scholarships
The RCC Foundation has provided almost $4 million in scholarships to students.
Each year, the RCC Foundation awards more than $350,000 in student scholarships. Since its inception, the Foundation has awarded almost $4 million in student scholarship awards. Recipients are awarded based on various criteria including academic achievement, athletic or artistic talents, being a member of an underrepresented group, residing in the County, high school attended, and demonstrated financial need.
RCC Foundation scholarships are available for new RCC students, continuing RCC students, and even for RCC graduates continuing their education at a 4-year college.
The 2016 RCC Foundation Scholarships for Continuing/Graduating Students application deadline was Friday, April 1, 2016. We are no longer accepting scholarship applications!
Important Information For Continuing RCC Students
- You may apply for a maximum of 5 scholarships.
- For questions regarding the RCC Foundation Scholarship Application process, please contact Financial Aid (Technology Center, Room 8141) at 845-574-4282 or firstname.lastname@example.org or send an email to email@example.com.
- RCC Scholarship Application Website
- Purchase College Scholarships
Friday, March 11
|RCC Foundation Scholarship Website Open for Applications|
Friday, April 1
|Deadline for Submission of Scholarship Applications|
Monday, May 9
|Scholarship Awards Ceremony, Cultural Arts Center, 6:00 pm|
Scholarship Requirements for Continuing RCC Students
- You must be a matriculated student and have earned a minimum of 12 degree credits by the end of the Fall 2015 semester.
- You must have achieved a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better at the end of the Fall 2015 semester (except as noted in a particular scholarship’s criteria).
- You must be either currently enrolled in at least three credits in the Spring 2016 semester, or have been enrolled in at least three credits in the Fall 2015 semester.
- For scholarships requiring the demonstration of financial need, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 1, 2016.
- You must submit a personal essay or a specific question-asked essay.
- You must submit at least one faculty letter of recommendation.